LIVE: 🗽 Lady Liberty 🗽 Heads North 9/2 - 9/7/23

Good Morning! Sea Day today

I was up early and did some exploring while DW got her beauty rest 😀

Plans for today:  

Breakfast - to be determined

Top tier at 10

Possibly some sun deck time if weather cooperates 

whatever floats our boat 

Oh and I have a fantasy football draft online at 7.  Praying that WiFi holds up to make this possible 🙏🏻  I’ve got the 4th pick.  Scouting out good locations to camp out with wi fi.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Alright ladies and gents !!  Let’s get this 5 nighter started on Liberty of the Seas!  So the intinerary was intended to be a 5 nt Bermuda sailing however Hurricane Idalia had a different plan for us.  We are now heading north to Portland ME and Halifax Nova Scotia.  We love Bermuda but we have no issue with the change.  Wasn’t particularly looking forward to sailing through a hurricane anyway.  Royal was kind enough to provide $100 pp OBC for the change.

It’s just DW and I sailing.  We had intended to go with my parents but their planned had changed and we are now rolling solo.  We booked a JS GTY a little while back.  This will be the first cruise in a long time that we don’t have the unlimited dining or at least a 3 nt package so we will be MDR’ing it or … god help me… The Jammer.  😳  At least we have drink packages 😃

We made our way from Pittsburgh PA to Allentown PA last night after logging off work for the LONG Labor Day weekend (Hallelujah!)  Stayed at the Renaissance in downtown Allentown which was a very nice room.  That was around a 4.5 hr drive that felt like 10.  Crazy traffic and construction what felt like the whole way.  🤬🤬

This morning we checked out around 8am and headed toward Bayonne.  Drive wasn’t as bad and took just under 1.5 hrs from the hotel to the parking garage. Our boarding time was 11:30.  We showed up at the suites check in line at 11 and was on the ship in under 10 minutes.  The Cape Liberty parking garage was for Handicapped parking & we were directed to the open air lot.  $150 for the 5 day cruise.  Luggage drop was very smooth with almost no wait at all.  Much much less congestion compared to the busy FL ports.  

Liberty is an entirely new class of ship for us.  Not sure how we managed to never be on a Freedom class up to this point but we did it.  

Excited for a new itinerary to us and a new ship.  Also I must note …VERY VERY excited to NOT fly to port.  Especially after our last adventure to Alaska (Southbound on Radiance) that was a ton of flying for us.  Welcomed change.

Already checked off the Colonel Mustard station and in need of a cold beverage.  

Cheers 🍻 

Mark

Enjoy your cruise --let's go Steelers!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Steel, If you enjoy good music, check out the Latin band, Son del Rio, probably in Bolero's.  They were our band on Vision, and they are outstanding.

Definitely will stop by Boleros.  Walked by last night and could tell they were popular by the crowd.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yep New menu in Schooner confirmed  

Sorry I'm late to the party but I will be following along. I'm interested on your review of the new Schooner menu. Some new interesting cocktails including that marshmallow old fashioned. I will be curious if you like it? Have a great cruise. Cheers!

• Like 1

Captain spoke while skating at the top tier.  

CD Mario had him do a little skills competition for us.  shoot 3 pucks at the hole in the net.  He did not do it but claimed he got it last week.  He’s Canadian from Vancouver- seems pretty comfortable on skates 😉

We got a special skating show from the ice performers as well.  

IMG_0997.thumb.jpeg.d36aa76372cb92bcb808dcc2e8d3229b.jpeg

IMG_0998.thumb.jpeg.1378b5e583b699778d6b4287544cbf28.jpeg

IMG_0999.thumb.jpeg.0d0a035e0e2ac742cb8a48bb3a689ba8.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I'm late to the party but I will be following along. I'm interested on your review of the new Schooner menu. Some new interesting cocktails including that marshmallow old fashioned. I will be curious if you like it? Have a great cruise. Cheers!

Will be having a tasting of toasted marshmallow OF later on.  Problem is they don’t have the Buffalo Trace that supposed to be in most of these drinks that call for bourbon.  Had to get Wild Turkey 101 in the Southern Belle yesterday.  Gentleman Jack is the other option or a Rye - Texas/templeton 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I know - right!  I’m thinking Tyreek, Ekeler or Kelce.  

All good picks at 4.  My league that I’ve been in for 20 years is a four keeper superflex (but players can only be kept 3 years before they go back into the pool), so every year it’s always a balance between drafting for this year vs. drafting the young possible keepers to replace the players you’re going to lose next year vs. drafting the middling QB so you’re not caught without a decent 2nd QB for your lineup.