Tampa cruise port

gold1953

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Have any fellow Canucks figured out the best way to fly for  Tampa cruise departure? I am in Halifax and very complicated and expensive. We usually sail Celebrity and there is a good TA going from there in March

You might want to check out the very few direct flights from Halifax via Ottawa to Tampa. Unless you can get to Tampa direct from Halifax by then. Most airline flight schedules change at least every 3 months. They’re synced but far from what we had. Have you thought of a layover in Philadelphia or Newark? You’d have to book a couple of days out anyway as the weather is still not predictable at end of March. If you’re able to do an overnite and add a booking you may still be ahead. Love TAs. They’re worth the extra $ for one way. Or you could even look at a “multi city” option to get you to Tampa and back to Halifax from wherever in Europe you want to leave from. Yes. It’s a lot of planning. I like to have bookings done but I wait till around the 3 month mark as new routes are opening up all the time. Sometimes planning is part of the fun. You can find flights on Expedia and make notes of the flight details and play with that closer to time with the airline sites. Make lots of notes. You can save $$$ and/or at least Mel informed decisions. 

Porter has a YHZ - YYZ - TPA flight that leave Halifax at 7:35 AM but doesn't get you into Tampa until 7:32 PM. And all of their return flight out of Tampa are too early, even if you self-disembark.

That said, I've previously noted that the Porter website sometimes misses viable combinations, so you might want to play around with other possible routings.

7 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Porter has a YHZ - YYZ - TPA flight that leave Halifax at 7:35 AM but doesn't get you into Tampa until 7:32 PM. And all of their return flight out of Tampa are too early, even if you self-disembark.

That said, I've previously noted that the Porter website sometimes misses viable combinations, so you might want to play around with other possible routings.

we always fly at least one day ahead and usually 2. For coming home we may find a good city to fly form and spend a week or so travelling around. Even looking at a return flight on Condor and using the flip over for the fall TA as it is $300 cheaper to book a return over a one way. Thank for the Porter tip

• Like 1

We will be flying to Tampa for a cruise early in 2024.  Will be our first cruise out of Tampa and is with Celebrity.  Ottawa is our home airport and when I booked the cruise there were 2 direct AC flights/week from Ottawa-Tampa.  Our plan was to stay a few days before and after the cruise so this worked well and allowed us to have direct flights both ways....until AC dropped this down to only one weekly flight 😞

We rearranged our plans and are now flying down on a direct flight the week before the cruise and spending a full week in the area.  We fly back right after the cruise ends - no direct flight.  Tampa - Newark - Ottawa is our return with a 4 hour layover in Newark.  

I booked our flights directly with Celebrity.  Price has dropped 4 times since we booked.  Each time I've called and the lower price has been honoured.  Final payment isn't due yet so I still check reguarly for price drops.  

Fingers crossed AC doesn't make any further changes to our flights...I know that is always a risk.

Good luck and hope you find the flights you want at a reasonable price. 

2 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We will be flying to Tampa for a cruise early in 2024.  Will be our first cruise out of Tampa and is with Celebrity.  Ottawa is our home airport and when I booked the cruise there were 2 direct AC flights/week from Ottawa-Tampa.  Our plan was to stay a few days before and after the cruise so this worked well and allowed us to have direct flights both ways....until AC dropped this down to only one weekly flight 😞

We rearranged our plans and are now flying down on a direct flight the week before the cruise and spending a full week in the area.  We fly back right after the cruise ends - no direct flight.  Tampa - Newark - Ottawa is our return with a 4 hour layover in Newark.  

I booked our flights directly with Celebrity.  Price has dropped 4 times since we booked.  Each time I've called and the lower price has been honoured.  Final payment isn't due yet so I still check reguarly for price drops.  

Fingers crossed AC doesn't make any further changes to our flights...I know that is always a risk.

Good luck and hope you find the flights you want at a reasonable price. 

I will look at Celebrity flights, Thanks. They ae usually not a good price for us

We are arriving in Tampa from a transatlantic in late November and flying to Kelowna, BC. Our return flights were cancelled and the best option for us was to Uber from the ship to Orlando and catch a direct flight to Calgary. It’s about a 90 minute ride. There are also shuttles between the airports. I see there is a Air Canada nonstop from Halifax at 7:15 am arriving Orlando at 10:30 am. Might be an idea.  No connections to go wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Canadiandiva said:

We are arriving in Tampa from a transatlantic in late November and flying to Kelowna, BC. Our return flights were cancelled and the best option for us was to Uber from the ship to Orlando and catch a direct flight to Calgary. It’s about a 90 minute ride. There are also shuttles between the airports. I see there is a Air Canada nonstop from Halifax at 7:15 am arriving Orlando at 10:30 am. Might be an idea.  No connections to go wrong. 

not bad . I just checked celebrity flights and they are double what I can do on my own. Will look at Orlando  and possibly a rental car