Bali Visa

JJean

On 9/14/2023 at 8:15 PM, alwayscruisetime said:

I understand the confusion.  I had read that Indonesia did not require a visa, but I just checked out the US State Department's page and found that they do!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Indonesia.html

Thank you @alwayscruisetime for the valuable information you provided. The State Department site also mentioned the option of obtaining a "Visa on Arrival", which is available at certain international ports and airports in Indonesia. It would be worthwhile asking your cruise personnel if this visa on arrival option can be availed at the specific Indonesian port where your ship will be stopping, to ensure the short one-day visit is allowed and any requirements for obtaining the visa upon arrival can be met.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Goldconnection said:

Just completed our EVOA for Indonesia. We will port there in December on the Jewel. An address and correct postal code are required. Good luck.

What type of address and post code do they want?  Do you mean our home address or one in Indonesia?  Of course, we don't have one in Indonesia because we are on a cruise ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mines said:

What type of address and post code do they want?  Do you mean our home address or one in Indonesia?  Of course, we don't have one in Indonesia because we are on a cruise ship!

I used the address where the ship will port, which I got from NCL. However, the postal code NCL gave me was in correct and they left me on my own to figure that out. After much research I got the correct postal code. The EVOA is good until the end of December. The cost was around $33.00.

We had one day in Bali in March 2023 on Azamara and they arranged the visa for all on the ship (other than those who obtained their own prior to sailing) - cost of $32 USD or thereabouts was charged to our On board account.  If they can do it why can't other cruise lines do the same?

7 hours ago, Bpos said:

We had one day in Bali in March 2023 on Azamara and they arranged the visa for all on the ship (other than those who obtained their own prior to sailing) - cost of $32 USD or thereabouts was charged to our On board account.  If they can do it why can't other cruise lines do the same?

Good question but you would have to address that with the other cruise lines. The cruise lines can only answer that question. I do know that some cruise lines charge double or more the actual cost of the visa. In my case we are doing a back to back and it was quite possible we may have been charge $600 or more for visa as we are doing a back to back. Some note that you the passenger are responsible for securing your visa(s). 

1 hour ago, Goldconnection said:

Good question but you would have to address that with the other cruise lines. The cruise lines can only answer that question. I do know that some cruise lines charge double or more the actual cost of the visa. In my case we are doing a back to back and it was quite possible we may have been charge $600 or more for visa as we are doing a back to back. Some note that you the passenger are responsible for securing your visa(s). 

Thank you, but I would like to hear from anyone who has visited Bali in recent times with Celebrity  and their experience - if there is anyone out there!

Found this on the Celebrity forum, published just an hour or so ago.

Bali is Indonesia so I assume if boarding the ship without a visa, it will be arranged for you.  A charge of $75 was quoted as the charge, presumably on top of the visa fee. 

think I will attempt the “Organise in advance” route but if not able to do so, at least I know I should be able to board the ship in Singapore.

IMG_1139.png