Bermuda beaches?

uneamie

I've been to Horseshoe Bay years ago and would like to find an equivalent beach with amenitites like chairs. umbrella's and food that might be easy to get to. I heard that Horseshoe Bay can be very crowded so we'd like to avoid that but want a nice beach to spend the day at. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! 

55 minutes ago, uneamie said:

I've been to Horseshoe Bay years ago and would like to find an equivalent beach with amenitites like chairs. umbrella's and food that might be easy to get to. I heard that Horseshoe Bay can be very crowded so we'd like to avoid that but want a nice beach to spend the day at. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! 

You won't find anything with Horseshoe Bay-like amenities that's anywhere near as easy easy to get to. 

I assume you're on NCL You can take their free ferry to St. George's and then walk or take a taxi to Tobacco Bay, which has amenities, but quite frankly I don't think is quite as nice a beach as Horseshoe Bay. If not on NCL you can take the public Orange Route ferry to St. George's. 

Horseshoe Bay is big. Yes it can get crowded...but you can walk a little way down the beach to get away from the most crowded area.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2023 at 10:44 PM, uneamie said:

In agreement with NJhorseman. The only option you have to get the same or better beach amenities would be to pay extra for a resort day pass-- I believe Coco Reef Resort is one of the only doing the day passes these days. It will improve on the amenities at Horseshoe Bay but the beach isn't as nice as Horseshoe. 

The only way to do better really is to spend quite a bit. If you got a room for a night at the Rosewood Tucker's Point you would have access to their (sort of) private beach and their incredible beach club. This stretch of beach is as nice, if not nicer, than Horseshoe and is never crowded. The beach club-- with multiple pools, bar, and restaurant-- is the nicest on the island. So you can do better but you'll pay $1000+ for the privilage. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 8:47 AM, princeton123211 said:

In agreement with NJhorseman. The only option you have to get the same or better beach amenities would be to pay extra for a resort day pass-- I believe Coco Reef Resort is one of the only doing the day passes these days. It will improve on the amenities at Horseshoe Bay but the beach isn't as nice as Horseshoe. 

The only way to do better really is to spend quite a bit. If you got a room for a night at the Rosewood Tucker's Point you would have access to their (sort of) private beach and their incredible beach club. This stretch of beach is as nice, if not nicer, than Horseshoe and is never crowded. The beach club-- with multiple pools, bar, and restaurant-- is the nicest on the island. So you can do better but you'll pay $1000+ for the privilage. 

Thanks....I think we will stick with Horseshoe Bay. Less complicated. 

• 2 weeks later...

We shall be in Bermuda late November and believe Hamilton is our dock on Azamara

We thought about a visit to Horseshoe Bay for the first day.

What will be the best way to get there and will the weather be warm enough for a beach day ?

Thanks

22 minutes ago, gymfreak said:

We shall be in Bermuda late November and believe Hamilton is our dock on Azamara

We thought about a visit to Horseshoe Bay for the first day.

What will be the best way to get there and will the weather be warm enough for a beach day ?

Thanks

Per the port schedule it looks like you're on Azamara Onward, docked in Bermuda November 26-27. If so you're scheduled to dock in Hamilton as you believe.

It may be warm enough to sit on the beach but almost certainly not warm enough to go in the water.

It's about a 25 or 30 minute ride to Horseshoe Bay on the #7 bus.

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

Per the port schedule it looks like you're on Azamara Onward, docked in Bermuda November 26-27. If so you're scheduled to dock in Hamilton as you believe.

It may be warm enough to sit on the beach but almost certainly not warm enough to go in the water.

It's about a 25 or 30 minute ride to Horseshoe Bay on the #7 bus.

Correct! 
Thank you for your quick response.Certainly want a beach visit although swimming may be curtailed.

As we are there overnight we thought about a possible walk on the railway or this might be ambitious due to timing.