Enterance Fee for Montmorency Falls

Casey2

Just noticed   that the boardwalk is closed 

Not sure of  where that is  in relationship to the  falls 

we were planning  to go early Oct

Not sure  if there is or is not a fee to see the falls  the site is confusing

https://www.sepaq.com/destinations/parc-chute-montmorency/

https://www.sepaq.com/destinations/parc-chute-montmorency/a-propos/nouvelles-medias/nouvelle.dot?id=e3104e63-5253-4059-becc-38dcb2411632

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

https://www.sepaq.com/destinations/parc-chute-montmorency/a-propos/nouvelles-medias/nouvelle.dot?id=e3104e63-5253-4059-becc-38dcb2411632

We didn't pay anything.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thank you for your additional data.

We only went to view the fall from the boardwalk below and take photos.

We were not looking to take the Cable Car or view from the top of the falls due to the amount of time we had available. That is most likely the fee that is being collected for those services.

But as said, a simple viewing as mentioned was simply a stroll to view it from a below location.

Sorry you may not to see it possibly. It was truly a lovely location that everyone enjoyed in seeing. Like seeing Niagara Falls.

6 hours ago, Casey2 said:

We will be in Quebec in October. We pan to go to Monmorency Falls via the #800 bus. Is there an entrance fee for the falls.

There is an entrance fee. These are the summer fees from May 15, 2023, through November 5, 2023. Taxes are added to these amounts (QST is 9.975 percent, GST is 5 percent), the total being the amount shown in brackets.

Residency

Québec city      Québec province  Non-resident

Children (<18)      0.00 [0.00]      0.00 [0.00]      0.00 [0.00]

Adult (>=18, <65)   0.00 [0.00]      3.78 [4.35]      7.57 [8.70]

Senior (>=65)       0.00 [0.00]      3.48 [4.00]      6.96 [8.00]

These are the winter fees, applicable at other times. Taxes are added to these amounts (QST is 9.975 percent, GST is 5 percent), the total being the amount shown in brackets.

Residency

Québec city      Québec province  Non-resident

Children (<18)      0.00 [0.00]      0.00 [0.00]      0.00 [0.00]

Adult (>=18, <65)   0.00 [0.00]      2.87 [3.30]      5.74 [6.60]

Senior (>=65)       0.00 [0.00]      2.61 [3.00]      5.22 [6.00]

Edited by GTJ

We were there 10 days ago. We did the #800 bus to the falls. The bus fare is #3.75. We entered the park at the top, near the terminus stop of the bus. The park entrance fee was $8 (including tax)for seniors 60+. We then walked across the suspension bridge, down the stairs on the other side, to the centre at the bottom, which has a shop, and is the base for the cable car. The cable car was $13.15 one way for 60+, including tax. At the top we walked back to the bus terminus to get back into town. We did not think the cable car was worth it, but we wanted to do the circuit, without having to climb back up the steps. There is an extra boardwalk that entends from the bottom of the stairs, which is closed at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, roaming_kiwi58 said:

We were there 10 days ago. We did the #800 bus to the falls. The bus fare is #3.75. We entered the park at the top, near the terminus stop of the bus. The park entrance fee was $8 (including tax)for seniors 60+. We then walked across the suspension bridge, down the stairs on the other side, to the centre at the bottom, which has a shop, and is the base for the cable car. The cable car was $13.15 one way for 60+, including tax. At the top we walked back to the bus terminus to get back into town. We did not think the cable car was worth it, but we wanted to do the circuit, without having to climb back up the steps. There is an extra boardwalk that entends from the bottom of the stairs, which is closed at the moment. 

THANK you @roaming_kiwi58 This is gold. I am printing this out!!  And thanks to everyone here for their great input too.

We are hoping to do this on our own at the end of the month, and I have instilled nothing but fear in my husband that we can do this without a tour.  

Do you need exact change for the bus, or can we just give $4 CAN ??

Where did you choose to get on the bus in Quebec City?

Any other thoughts/hints??

Thanks again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

We are hoping to do this on our own at the end of the month, and I have instilled nothing but fear in my husband that we can do this without a tour.  

We are there Oct 1st & thinking  of a taxi there & the bus back  

Will report in on how that goes

Enjoy the trip

4 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

THANK you @roaming_kiwi58 This is gold. I am printing this out!!  And thanks to everyone here for their great input too.

Where did you choose to get on the bus in Quebec City?

Any other thoughts/hints??

Thanks again! 

The bus requires the exact money for the $3.75. There were 3 of us, so we gave $11.25 each time. You can see the route of the 800 bus on the rtcquebec.ca website

I hope this link works:
https://www.rtcquebec.ca/en/schedules-and-routes/bus-schedule/all-routes/800/terminus-chute-montmorency

In town we got on at stop 2664 D’Youville. This stop is in Boulevard Honore-Mercier, near the intersection with Rue D’Aiguillon. We were staying at the Clarendon Hotel, so we walked down Rue Saint Jean, and turned right into Boulevard Honore-Mercier to find the bus stop there in that block.

There is a pdf map of Parc de la Chute-Montmorency on the Sepaq website. Here again I will try a link:
https://www.sepaq.com/resources/docs/ct/pcm/pcm_carte_du_site.pdf

We chose to start at the top, where the bus terminates. You have to walk back a bit from the bus stop to the pedestrian entrance – there is a sign – also when we went there was a person directing you to the pedestrian entrance. From there we chose to do the circuit in a clockwise direction, because it was easier going down the steps on the other side. 

We got back on the bus to return to town at the bus stop where we got off, but it does actually go a bit further down to turn around, and people got on there too.

It is really easy to do the falls on your own, and it is good to be able to enjoy the whole site in your own time. I would highly recommend doing it this way.

Hope this helps!  Enjoy Quebec, it is such a lovely city!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

You can overpay. The expression "exact change" usually means that no change is provided, not that one has to tender the precise amount. Some people without exact change might, before overpaying, ask other passengers, "Does anyone change for . . . ?" (« Quelqu'un a-t-il de la monnaie pour . . . ? »).

In some places, such as New York City, "exact change" also means that only "change," i.e., coins, are accepted, but no paper currency is accepted. In a few places requiring exact change the transit system issues change cards . . . with any amount paid in excess of the fare placed on a fare card that can be used for subsequent transportation. Both of these situations are exceptions to the general rule, which is simply that no change is provided.

Well since Canada no longer has paper money under $5  bills  it is  a moot point

If people just want to throw in 2 Toonies  instead  of making change   who cares

I  am Canadian I would probably  throw in the $2 coin x2   & not fuss about the  25 cents

YMMV

• Like 1

19 hours ago, roaming_kiwi58 said:

.........Post #13

It is really easy to do the falls on your own, and it is good to be able to enjoy the whole site in your own time. I would highly recommend doing it this way.

Hope this helps!  Enjoy Quebec, it is such a lovely city!

Thank you @roaming_kiwi58 so much for taking the time to post such great details and all the with the links!

I feel much more confident now, and we are really looking forward to seeing all Quebec City has to offer.

You are a gem!

Edited by ColoradoMom!!

18 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Well since Canada no longer has paper money under $5  bills  it is  a moot point

I wish I could agree, but some transit fares have become so expensive that a five dollar bill may not be much of an overpayment. With a cash fare of $3.75 in Québec, using a five dollar bill is not that much more. Additionally, a one-day pass, at $9.25, might warrant a ten dollar bill. How I yearn for the days when placing just a quarter in the farebox was enough for full fare!

Edited by GTJ