Onboard Oasis Not Live. Non MDR Food Report

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Interesting. It was still 6:30am on Wonder in June. I don't sail again til March so I'm not exactly worried about exact timing right now. Who knows what will change by then?

Thanks though.

The sun will still rise. You have plenty of time to fret over where your first meal comes from. It is a tough life.

😁

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

You have plenty of time to fret over where your first meal comes from. It is a tough life.

I'm set in my ways (at least early morning on cruises), no fretting (I'll just be mildly annoyed if Park Cafe opens 30 mins later).

Wife goes walking on the track almost every morning (now that she retired from running), very early. I go to the DL and hope the coffee machine is prepped and functional for cappuccino, then off to Park Cafe for my "pre-breakfast."

When we went on Indy last year after almost nothing but Oasis class for years, I had to come up with a new morning routine... tough life indeed!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

Last sail on WOS, I found the beef on kimoweck to be chewy on some days and tossed it up to being random.  I hope they didn't move to lower-quality proteins for cost-cutting.  THis is so disappointing to hear. I know I recommended the park cafe to you.  ugh.

I found the key to being able to chew that beef is to ask for It to be sliced really thin, makes all the difference in me being able to eat it or it going to waste.

21 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Hey.. I'm also on the 10\1 sailing (are you in the fb group?)  The menus aren't exactly set yet, but if you look on the app you can see the current sailing and get an idea of the menus. Same thing with the activities- change the sailing to this week and you can look at the schedules, it should be pretty much the same. Although we do get a new cruise director the week before we sail, not sure that changes some of the times and activities planned. 

I'm on the Facebook group now. 🙂

Today's posting is about trying to get self service ice.

I and my wife enjoy cold water and we also bring onboard our qty 12 1L bottles of soda which we enjoy with ice. We do our best to limit the sugar in general while we are onboard knowing we are eating more than normal.

Last September, 2022, on the Oasis, the self serve soda dispensers would provide ice even if you did not purchase a soda package. On this trip, none of them provided ice if you did not have special soda cup.

The  only way to get ice is to ask a bartender for a glass of ice on Deck 5. There is cold water available but no ice.

Park Cafe has limited hours on Deck 8 but when it was open, the self serve ice maker was often out of ice (about 1 out of every 2 times I attempted to get ice).

Room service is once a day and my ice bucket was filled but one never knew when the service would happen (I asked for AM service and my room was never made before 1 PM). It was difficult to find my cabin steward and I rarely saw him.

The Windjammer had self service ice but now I have to go to deck 16 aft to get ice. Something I would try to avoid in a wet bathing suite.

The Solarium was one of my go to places during the day for self serve ice.

Loco Fresh was another place to get self serve ice but it required both hands to dispense. The cup push dispenser was broken and I guess they did not want to order repair parts or the parts were no longer available for the machine. A push-button was installed on the side of the machine. The dispenser had to be broken for a long time because a custom engraved label was made for it and rubber button cover had been worn-off.

How many fingers touched that button before you? I tried using my knuckle but it would not fit inside the button to activate the small switch.

☹️

20230905_161945.jpg

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
type

On 9/13/2023 at 6:08 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

Hey.. I'm also on the 10\1 sailing (are you in the fb group?)  The menus aren't exactly set yet, but if you look on the app you can see the current sailing and get an idea of the menus. Same thing with the activities- change the sailing to this week and you can look at the schedules, it should be pretty much the same. Although we do get a new cruise director the week before we sail, not sure that changes some of the times and activities planned. 

That's strange. The full menus are on the app for my Oct.15 Oasis sailing.

11 minutes ago, nferr said:

That's strange. The full menus are on the app for my Oct.15 Oasis sailing.

I noticed that RCI updated the app this morning on my Galaxy Android phone. For what ever reason, the deck plans for my November cruise were correct for the first six decks (Jewel of the Seas) and then changed to another ship. I mean the elevators were port side midship and the then mysteriously changed to center midship.

After the update, everything was correct. Many strange things seem to be occurring for some reason.

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
typo
  • Like 1