Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 hour ago, NE John said:

I know I can get away with posting this photo on this Carnival site vs. Cunard. From the window at the former Wanamaker Dept store (now Macy’s) in Center City Philadelphia:

IMG_3806.jpeg

That's hilarious. 

3 hours ago, NE John said:

Who would have thought there’d be a great link between the Carnival and Cunard boards?

Carnival and Cunard pax have very different views of how to dress for dinner, and both views “suit” each audience. It’s like reading a report by people from two different planets…”Why would you wear a tux?” “Why would you wear shorts?”  All good. 

To our OP, please try to participate in a Gala night. You may not like it, but if you’re on a Cunard ship, give it a shot. 

See the photo above 🤣

All kidding aside if my mother insists I will rent a tux and attend with only minimal voiced displeasure. But she is going to have to be more vocal than the current passing comments I'm getting from her.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, aday10 said:

No shorts after 6pm, but jeans are fine! 

I’ve included the golden lion dinner sample menu as well 🙂 

IMG_3804.png

IMG_3805.png

Thanks we may give that a try. The buffet didn't really satisfy us. We ended up ordering a pizza for a late night snack which ended up being surprisingly good.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Most wore a polo. Even I wore a polo. I NEVER wear polos to board a ship. That's elegant night dress for me

I think I own some polos. Can't remember when I last wore one. None of them had breast pockets so when I got my first smart phone I stopped wearing them.

BTW you'll be sailing past us in the next hour or so, but a wee bit beyond the horizon.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, D&N said:

I think I own some polos. Can't remember when I last wore one. None of them had breast pockets so when I got my first smart phone I stopped wearing them.

BTW you'll be sailing past us in the next hour or so, but a wee bit beyond the horizon.

What ship? I will wave at you 😀

• Like 4

I've got an early morning excursion tomorrow in La Spezia to Pisa. There is some kind of tower there that is supposed to be famous 🤷‍♂️.

We meet at 745 and hot breakfast is not served until 730. So it may be a donut kind of morning.

Turning in for the night that 630 alarm will be here sooner than I would like.

Thanks for following and welcome to all the new readers, very glad to have you on board 😀!

Good night.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 4:24 PM, jam19872016 said:

I still play the lotto when it gets really high. I really want to do that transpacific on Panorama next year 😆.

It’s too bad you are missing out on your chance of a big one. Even our Canadian news is talking about it. 1.3 B or something like that. 

• Like 5

I have been enjoying your blog from Carnival to Cunard and it has been great to follow your travels! 

One quick question.  We will be heading to Barcelona soon and wondered which Barcelona offline maps app you downloaded as we think that is a great idea!  Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

That was not what I was expecting for stuffed jalapeños but it was good. And spicy, wow! I love a nice spicy item, rare to find on a cruise. 

Pumpkin spinach and walnut spaghetti for my mom.

20231012_074158.thumb.jpg.3aa90b7c0e8a22bbaf99d63112cceaaf.jpg

Miso glazed salmon noodle bowl for me.

1697111006937519403083248164016.thumb.jpg.a89704295457442c5bacac5936a872db.jpg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, az4ship said:

I have really enjoyed your report. It is my nighttime reading.  Keep it up and enjoy the rest of your trip

Thank you for your kind words 😀 glad your enjoying it.

10 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

It’s too bad you are missing out on your chance of a big one. Even our Canadian news is talking about it. 1.3 B or something like that. 

It's just as well I know what my odds are 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

I have been enjoying your blog from Carnival to Cunard and it has been great to follow your travels! 

One quick question.  We will be heading to Barcelona soon and wondered which Barcelona offline maps app you downloaded as we think that is a great idea!  Thank you in advance!

I just used Google maps. They have an option for downloading maps for offline use. There are others that may be better I haven't tried any others but it gets the job done and I didn't have to download another app since I already have maps

Thanks for following along glad you're enjoying 😀

• Like 4

8 hours ago, philbob84 said:

wait a moment cunard and carnival 😆 following!

Thanks for following along 😀 

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

Make sure you get the infamous picture of you or your mom holding up the tower - lol!

😆 I rarely take photographs but I did take one in front of the tower. Did not get the holding it up shot though. 

• Like 5