Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

My favorite for lunch is getting a roll adding the carved meat and the salads.  LOVE the different salads.

I need to do some more salads. 

Actually at home I have found the Publix salads to be quite nice.

But here, with all these choices, it's too hard for me to choose a salad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Magic is my next Carnival ship. It's been getting hit hard recently in the food reviews. I hope my experience is better.

I hope so. I never complain and always find something but I really had a hard time on that ship. Didn’t go hungry but can’t recall ever thinking anything was great. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I don't know exactly what happened but I will piece it together the best I can.  

There was a young girl. Early 20s I'd say. Blonde, cute, and was really hitting it hard on the dance floor. She would stand out on a crowded dance floor. This club is really dead, so she was definitely noticeable. 

As I was making a call of nature run, I saw two older men hanging on her.  Both likely in their 50's. At the time I figured they were all together, if not before, certainly now. 

From what I can tell, they were not.

They were both trying to pick her up at the same time and some pushing started and security stepped in. They pulled them apart and listened to each side claim they saw her first or how the other was a creepy old man.

Very strange behavior from older men but easily deescalated and probably gave security a little excitement for the first time since leaving Florida.

The young lady? She left the drama and was back inside hanging with people more age appropriate.

Sounds like adult beverages were consumed by the "mature" adult men who now thought they were 20 something!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I took it easy tonight. Went a little too hard last night so just relaxed in the room after dinner.

The weather improved this afternoon but is getting quite rocky again. Heard a loud crash so peaked out in the hall and some ceiling panels have fallen onto the floor. Glad nobody was walking under them when that happened.

I'm going to bed night, night all see you from Bermuda, or a day at sea.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I took it easy tonight. Went a little too hard last night so just relaxed in the room after dinner.

The weather improved this afternoon but is getting quite rocky again. Heard a loud crash so peaked out in the hall and some ceiling panels have fallen onto the floor. Glad nobody was walking under them when that happened.

I'm going to bed night, night all see you from Bermuda, or a day at sea.

Oh my

• Like 1

Dinner. Shakespeare “Get thee to a nunnery go!” - @jam19872016 Get thee to Cunard, Go! Eat real food. A TA is a wonderful thing to experience and much cheaper than 56 days around South America. But, rent a tux dude and let your mom strut her stuff in something beautiful! Stand in the atrium, level 2, and have a picture of the two of you taken to remember it for many years to come. Bless you for all of your wonderful posts.

• Like 7

On 11/1/2023 at 3:07 PM, jam19872016 said:

Yea I was surprised to see stores with Halloween displays at all. They weren't big but I didn't expect them I thought that was a mostly American holiday. 

Today is Día de Los Meurtos, it got a mention but we probably won't celebrate it.

Sister line (the one w/the fabulous bacon in PG), currently on a roundtrip Rome, had a Halloween party, Halloween dance and Halloween trivia. I have no pictures & cannot report on attendance as I didn't go, but we all know it was nothing like you had. Plus it was indoors at club. The dessert and bakery stations had truly awesome food displays; caused a backup in the line from all the picture taking. 😉

The only picture I was able to get was ghosts 👻 floating around a staircase. 

20231101_155521.thumb.jpg.6c094648edf6c8c0633389c2d3f57b23.jpg

Looks like your Halloween night was well celebrated!!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Perfectly decent cake just not one of the ones that jump out at me as a favorite. 

Funfetti cheesecake and chocolate peanut butter I would arm wrestle for the last slice 😋.

I’m sure there are many who would enjoy the spectacle.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, NE John said:

I love the Captain’s festive invitation so Carnival should break out the fancy china to match this nice menu. Nicer plates and a bit more effort in plating would elevate a nice menu. 
With nicer China we can then comment if the servers properly align the plate’s insignia inline with the diner. We saw that Cunard needs to work on that important insignia alignment during this thread!

But the cruets are OK.🙂

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.

We have successfully made it to Bermuda.

The only plan today is to take my mom out for a little shopping. She wants to buy some more items at the one store in the clocktower mall, and she wants me to show her craft market I found last time. Then it's back to the ship to enjoy one final day of a quiet ship with nobody on it. 

• Like 10

16 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Checked in for dinner at 553 with an 80-90 minute wait.

15 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Table assigned at 649. Still about a five minute wait in line, called too many at once.

I was hoping that 80-90 minutes was an exaggeration. But a solid hour wait, wow. We have switched back to assigned dining. We just like it to be consistent timing and get to know the wait staff.

14 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

beef wellington 755

I have never had beef wellington, but I'll be getting it the next time I see it on the menu.

14 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Baked Alaska for dessert 814.

Fun. I've had that on HAL. Maybe it's always been on Carnival too, just don't recall it.

13 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Magic is my next Carnival ship. It's been getting hit hard recently in the food reviews. I hope my experience is better.

I haven't been since before covid, but that has always been my favorite class of ships. Like the spa hydrotherapy pool and deck five for walking and hot tubs. I have heard negative reports though, so it makes me sad. I'll try it again at some point.

4 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

We have successfully made it to Bermuda.

Definitely a place I want to visit. Never been there and it's on the short list of places to go. At one point there was a cruise once a year from Charleston that went to Bermuda and I should have made a point of doing that one, but never did.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Heading into Bermuda mamma getting impatient. I'll get caught up later.

What does your mother do with all her purchases when she gets home. Distribute them among friends and relatives or display them or what?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

What does your mother do with all her purchases when she gets home. Distribute them among friends and relatives or display them or what?

I think it would be interesting to see them all lined up. She must have quite a collection at this point .

• Like 3