My Iona review 25th Aug - 2nd Dec

AndyLovesCruises

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic."

AndyLovesCruises was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=705268

I used this forum a lot with my recent cruise last week, I put up a detailed review but will try to answer any questions here if you have them.  

Thanks!

• Like 6

Thanks for posting your review. We were on Iona the week before you.

We had the same frustrations as you with slow bar service. The ship felt very understaffed to us. Obviously there’s a maximum number of crew that the ship can accommodate and in summer school holidays, where there is probably up to 20% more passengers than at other times, they struggled to cope in places and that was most obvious in the bars. 

We were far more impressed with the food than you were though. Whilst we probably won’t go on Iona again (or Arvia), it won’t be because of the food, as we enjoyed almost all our meals. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AndyLovesCruises said:

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=705268

I used this forum a lot with my recent cruise last week, I put up a detailed review but will try to answer any questions here if you have them.  

Thanks!

Thank your for the review. Unfortunately most of the mainstream cruise lines are cutting down to one service and no turndown.  Very interesting regarding the food situation. I agree totally that P&O's buffet offering is poor in comparison with RC, Celebrity and Princess.  Sadly it is worsening on every cruise I sail on their ships.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChynaS said:

As a person who will love a G&T on her Balcony, where do you get the Tonic?  Do they sell it in a shop onboard?

Buy it ashore and put it in fridge, and/or buy at one of the bars, ask them not to open the bottle or can and use when required. You can ask your cabin steward to bring an ice bucket or just pick up a glass of ice at a bar.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChynaS said:

As a person who will love a G&T on her Balcony, where do you get the Tonic?  Do they sell it in a shop onboard?

I'm one of those odd people who like tonic neat! So I take a pack of mini tonics with me now to drink in the cabin as I like cold drinks, my husband can drink coffee all day long but I can only drink so much! (I do like a gin and tonic too 😊 )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1