Encore OCT29-NOV19 Panama disappeared from NCL site & TAs

Jplatz

Hello everyone,

New here even though I've been reading the forum for several months as I'm going on my first-ever cruise in about 1.5 months on Encore to Panama Canal.

I got the upgrade email and wanted to check what could be a wise bid based on current prices BUT it looks like the cruise is NOT displayed in NCL's website nor any major TA. That triggered my doubts on whether this means the ship is completely sold out as there are still similar cruises still available (The Sun on OCT30 or Bliss NOV15) as well as some other cruises for that time are being displayed even though all categories show a "sold out". Does it mean the ship is likely to be sailing at almost 100% capacity and hence it's already retrieved from everywhere? I would have expected the cruise to be still available on the website with all cabins & categories displayed as "sold out" so I'm not sure if there might be something else going on.

Thanks!

I’m curious about this too.  I’m also on this cruise and it has disappeared and come back repeatedly over the last month.  This time it has been missing for a few days.  The last time I checked the only sold out categories were ocean view and club balcony (and half the Haven categories).  It’s so hard to believe they all of a sudden sold them all but it’s also hard to imagine they’d want the cruise to be invisible if it isn’t sold out.  I seem to recall someone speculating that capacity may have been capped due to reduced staffing.  It sure would be nice to know what’s going on.  Regardless, we are sure excited about this trip!

I just finished a cruise on the GEM.  During the last three or four weeks before the cruise it disappeared randomly from the website like this one.  I would not be concerned.  The GEM was fully booked so that may have been the reason.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

I wonder if the issues at the Panama Canal have anything to do with this? 

I seem to recall similar things happening 2 years ago when there were back ups at the canal due to covid testing issues.

I was also wondering if it had something to do with the back log of ships trying to get through the Panama Canal.

• 2 weeks later...