Anytime dining on Beyond

38anchor

We are sailing Beyond in November - not first time on Edge class but first time non - retreat. We originally booked Traditional dining as we are sailing with friends, but then realised this didn't exist so have recently changed to Anytime so we can pre book our MDR dining. Although we are 10 weeks out, there are NO MDR slots available pre 9pm for any of the restaurants on any of the nights. Is this normal? Now I know I can probably book once we board, but I was hoping to have all this sorted ahead of time, since we are cruising with other people.

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, 38anchor said:

We are sailing Beyond in November - not first time on Edge class but first time non - retreat. We originally booked Traditional dining as we are sailing with friends, but then realised this didn't exist so have recently changed to Anytime so we can pre book our MDR dining. Although we are 10 weeks out, there are NO MDR slots available pre 9pm for any of the restaurants on any of the nights. Is this normal? Now I know I can probably book once we board, but I was hoping to have all this sorted ahead of time, since we are cruising with other people.

Thanks in advance 

Not likely as there seem to be limited spots pre cruise and usually get booked up to 1 year in advance.  We have had similar situations.  Any and all efforts to try to get this resolved before boarding have been futile

What we did was to head to one of the dining areas immediately upon boarding and they usually have a decent time we can book.

Also we’ve never done this but have heard you can also show up at one of the dining rooms and simply wait for an available table (not sure on wait time)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Not likely as there seem to be limited spots pre cruise and usually get booked up to 1 year in advance.  We have had similar situations.  Any and all efforts to try to get this resolved before boarding have been futile

What we did was to head to one of the dining areas immediately upon boarding and they usually have a decent time we can book.

Also we’ve never done this but have heard you can also show up at one of the dining rooms and simply wait for an available table (not sure on wait time)

I was on Beyond this past February and we always just went and checked in and waited.  Usually it was not a long wait and if I remember they gave a buzzer so you could wander off a bit.

If you are just sailing with another couple just show up when you want. There are plenty of four top tables.  If you are sailing with a larger group of friends, 8 or more people I would talk to maitre `d when you first get onboard to arrange something ahead of time.

• 2 weeks later...

We have cruised on the Apex last spring and we’re able to reserve dining times in all 4 dining rooms. We are sailing on the Apex in December,2023 and have been unable to reserve anything except for 9:30. We have been trying since my deposit in December 2022! First it was too soon, now it is too late. This is the last Celebrity cruise for us.( wish I could get my money back