Changing Princess Standard to Princess Plus in Australia

18 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Just clicked on the link in your post above, and it downloaded from that post link???

Maybe someone doesn't like me in the nether world of the net??? 😄 Can't imagine that😇

(IT person here) - what is happening is that the link aims at the file on your computer, rather than at a file on the OzCritic site. You can access it, but others can't. The best way around this is to upload to somewhere like Google spreadsheets sheets.google.com and then share the link to the spreadsheet. Then everyone can access it 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Good luck trying to buy a bottle of wine on Princess for $42. If I remember correctly the cheap bottles of cask wine equivalent stuff are now over $50. You can buy a bottle of something drinkable you like at Dan Murphys for $15, carry it onboard and pay $30 per bottle corkage. That $45 total is cheaper than buying wine onboard, and you get better quality wine, but you have to cart it onboard yourself and wait while they record the details of every individual bottle and put a sticker on it. 

BTW, regarding taking wine on board - it is easy. Each passenger can take one bottle on board without paying corkage. At the alcohol table, the steward counts the number of excess bottles (don't record their details) and writes out a docket for the amount charged. He will either attach stickers to the bottles or hand the customer a roll of stickers to do it themselves.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Drrmau said:

(IT person here) - what is happening is that the link aims at the file on your computer, rather than at a file on the OzCritic site. You can access it, but others can't. The best way around this is to upload to somewhere like Google spreadsheets sheets.google.com and then share the link to the spreadsheet. Then everyone can access it 🙂

Thanks Drrmau

Eventually came to that option, never had any use for Onedrive's, couldn't see the point of having one, then thought, ahh I've got a use for one, so activated one on my computer, and used it.

Thanks for your help.

The only problem I've had with google sheets is it does not seem to down load the format quite right, and text can sometimes expand outside the allocated cell. Which makes some forms a bit messy.

John

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

BTW, regarding taking wine on board - it is easy. Each passenger can take one bottle on board without paying corkage. At the alcohol table, the steward counts the number of excess bottles (don't record their details) and writes out a docket for the amount charged. He will either attach stickers to the bottles or hand the customer a roll of stickers to do it themselves.

When we cruised Fremantle to Sydney on Coral in March we carried 12 bottles onboard. They recorded each of our 10 extra bottles and it took quite some time for them to write down the details of each bottle, even recording the year of vintage. They then carefully applied the stickers. We were surprised because our previous experiences had been as you described.  The funny thing is that no corkage charges ever appeared on our onboard account.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Good luck trying to buy a bottle of wine on Princess for $42. If I remember correctly the cheap bottles of cask wine equivalent stuff are now over $50. You can buy a bottle of something drinkable you like at Dan Murphys for $15, carry it onboard and pay $30 per bottle corkage. That $45 total is cheaper than buying wine onboard, and you get better quality wine,

I did that on my last Princess cruise. Stayed the night before the cruise in Brisbane, went to Dan Murphy and bought four good bottles, average cost was about $18.  Was prepared to pay the corkage, but somehow I never got charged for it!   I did drink the bottles in my cabin, not take them to meals.

That $4.99 cask wine quality that they were charging $45 a bottle for is ridiculous.

33 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Now the Princess' prices on bottles of wine starts at $53 or $55. I won't pay that. I take my own favourite wine and have paid the $15 corkage. I understand that this is increasing to $30. 😢

$30 corkage is over the top.

• Like 1

If the onboard currency is US dollars, the charge is now $US20, which currently works out at $A31, given the lousy rate of exchange,  However, I bet Princess does not give you the best foreign exchange rate, so the corkage fee is probably more for Australians.

Here's what they say in their T & Cs for my cruise next week:

On the day of embarkation, guests are permitted to bring one 750ml (no larger) bottle of wine or champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in Your stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a US$20 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits, or beers are not permitted. Any beverages purchased during the cruise at any port of call will be collected at the gangway for safekeeping and will be delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the cruise.