Changing Princess Standard to Princess Plus in Australia

We have currently got a cabin booked at Standard Rate for the Around Australia cruise, next year.

We are considering upgrading to either add a soft drinks’ package and internet package or to just upgrade to PLUS package.

Looking online, it appears that to add the plus package here in UK, it would cost £50 x 2 x 26= £2600 which is approximately Aus $5075.98…this sounds excessive. Can anyone help with explanation of costs if we were to book this on embarkation, please ?

Many thanks.

As to is it worth it? Below is my excel sheet Princess Plus Value Calculator.

I'm not a big alcohol drinker, so used it to seen if it was worth the internet.

All variables are input on the right hand side of the calculator.

I have updated it onto My Drinks Costs Per Day Calculator sheet.

You just enter the types and number of drinks you would drink on a cruise, and it will tell you how much you would spend, then you could compare it against a drink package to see if it was worth getting the drink package.

Any questions just let me know.

Regards

John

Ozwoody's (John) Princess Drinks Package Eval Rev B.xlsx

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

As to is it worth it? Below is my excel sheet Princess Plus Value Calculator.

I'm not a big alcohol drinker, so used it to seen if it was worth the internet.

All variables are input on the right hand side of the calculator.

I have updated it onto My Drinks Costs Per Day Calculator sheet.

You just enter the types and number of drinks you would drink on a cruise, and it will tell you how much you would spend, then you could compare it against a drink package to see if it was worth getting the drink package.

Any questions just let me know.

Regards

John

Ozwoody's (John) Princess Drinks Package Eval Rev B.xlsxUnavailable

Sorry John, but the message I get is that the link is 'unavailable'.

• Like 1

From what I can understand from reading the boards here is that there are two types of upgrading; one is a fare upgrade and the other just the drinks package/s. Is that correct? The beverage packages themselves seem to advertise themselves on the Princess website showing super expensive prices (well over $100 AUD per day for the plus drinks package; even more for the premier). My assumption is that the prices on board would be those expensive prices.

I must say Princess has the most confusing processes I've come across on any cruise line.

• Like 1

You would have to drink a lot of the more expensive drinks to make that drinks package worthwhile. Probably better to estimate how many drinks per day you would normally drink on a cruise, have a look at the drinks lists for Princess to work out the approximate costs, then budget that much per day.

$3380 in AUD, which is what you would pay if you take the package on the first day of the cruise, is about 1730 GBP.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

From what I can understand from reading the boards here is that there are two types of upgrading; one is a fare upgrade and the other just the drinks package/s. Is that correct? The beverage packages themselves seem to advertise themselves on the Princess website showing super expensive prices (well over $100 AUD per day for the plus drinks package; even more for the premier). My assumption is that the prices on board would be those expensive prices.

I must say Princess has the most confusing processes I've come across on any cruise line.

Apparently you can upgrade your fare type on embarkation day, to get the Plus $65pp per day cost for drinks package, internet and all the other crap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sorry John, but the message I get is that the link is 'unavailable'.

Hi Evon

Its just a excel file, it should just download when clicked on.

I just tried it and it downloaded fine for me.

Would you like me to e-mail it to you.

Has anyone else had a problem?

It includes the soda packages, the Plus Beverage package, and the Princess Plus option as well.

Includes allowing for drinking glasses of wine in the comparison.

wouldn't mind some feed back on how it works, I'm biased it works for me, but I could be missing something important😬 hope I haven't 🤞

The drink estimator works for trips less than a week, or from multiple weeks.

John

3 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Evon

It includes the soda packages, the Plus Beverage package, and the Princess Plus option as well.

wouldn't mind some feed back on how it works, I'm biased it works for me, but I could be missing something important😬 hope I haven't 🤞

John

Hi John, I got the same message that it couldn't be opened or had been removed (a cruise critic page message). I wondered if the moderator had removed it for some reason?

Edited by LittleFish1976

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi Evon

John

This is the message I get 'This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location. Even before I click on it, it has the following 

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Hi John, I got the same message that it couldn't be opened or had been removed (a cruise citic page message). I wondered if the moderator had removed it for some reason?

That's funny, just went back and tried again, its still there and now indicating two downloads, which would be me I guess.

Wonder if it has to be checked by a moderator before it can be downloaded by others?

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

This is the message I get 'This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location. Even before I click on it, it has the following 

Just clicked on the link in your post above, and it downloaded from that post link???

Maybe someone doesn't like me in the nether world of the net??? 😄 Can't imagine that😇

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Just clicked on the link in your post above, and it downloaded from that post link???

Maybe someone doesn't like me in the nether world of the net??? 😄 Can't imagine that😇

Maybe you can open the link because you are using the same device that it was originally posted from. Just guessing here.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

This made me laugh!

That would be all the crap which Princess tells you encouragingly that you're 'gonna do anyway'!

Package or no package there is no way I would eat one of those revolting "special desserts" and I refuse to make a laughing stock of myself at a fitness class!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

We have currently got a cabin booked at Standard Rate for the Around Australia cruise, next year.

We are considering upgrading to either add a soft drinks’ package and internet package or to just upgrade to PLUS package.

Looking online, it appears that to add the plus package here in UK, it would cost £50 x 2 x 26= £2600 which is approximately Aus $5075.98…this sounds excessive. Can anyone help with explanation of costs if we were to book this on embarkation, please ?

Many thanks.

Just check that the price from the UK should include your Gratuities too. When you pay on board in Australia it doesn't include those as in Australia it is already included in our fares. So would probably work out much closer in price.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Hmm, maybe I'm loading wrong? I just drag & drop!

Funny that I can click on it and id downloads to me fine.??????

The icon on your original post looks fine. I suspect it's a cruise critic thing - either a glitch or a pause until they approve it perhaps?

It's probably opening the version for you that's already on your computer, when you click on the link in the post.