Changing Princess Standard to Princess Plus in Australia

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Package or no package there is no way I would eat one of those revolting "special desserts" and I refuse to make a laughing stock of myself at a fitness class!

It's such a shame they made the desserts look so revolting (lollypops and booze bottles? stale hard cake?). I think it's deliberate so they can advertise a 'benefit' which costs them nothing because no-one wants them!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

The icon on your original post looks fine. I suspect it's a cruise critic thing - either a glitch or a pause until they approve it perhaps?

It's probably opening the version for you that's already on your computer, when you click on the link in the post.

Good thought about the download to my machine, but I realised after I uploaded that I had not changed the Rev # to C at I had altered it to include instructions. Changed the naming immediately after the post.

Each time I downloaded I got the Rev B copy.

So hoping its just your first thought above.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It still says 'unavailable'. This is probably visible in your post quoted above.

No it just displays normal and downloads normal.

It must have to be something in CC's system that is marking it "Unavailable".

Whether security or a glitch??

Hopefully someone will pop up with an explanation....

Shame I really thought it would be helpful for Reina del Mar, with deciding if the Plus Package was worth it.

Its nice when you can check things, with what if I did this or that option.

How much cost would I actually spend on drinks over a cruise, is it worth getting a package, which one suits me best.

At least that is what I tried to do with the dam excel file. Bugger....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you everybody. 

My next question…please can anyone help with the price for Internet for Elite guests in Australia ?

Many thanks.

I think it's around $10pp per day for a single device. I'm not sure what it is for four devices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Thank you everybody. 

My next question…please can anyone help with the price for Internet for Elite guests in Australia ?

Many thanks.

Currently according to Princess it is $15usd per day, which transfers to $23.50aud.

50% of for Plat/Elite = $11.75aud/day.

Pity my spreadsheet won't download its details are included in the calculator.😒

21 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Well done for working out the work around. I'm looking at it now - very comprehensive!

You can use the save function to save it to your computer.

Happy to have any suggestions on improving anything.

Thanks for the feed back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

You can use the save function to save it to your computer.

Happy to have any suggestions on improving anything.

Thanks for the feed back.

Good luck trying to buy a bottle of wine on Princess for $42. If I remember correctly the cheap bottles of cask wine equivalent stuff are now over $50. You can buy a bottle of something drinkable you like at Dan Murphys for $15, carry it onboard and pay $30 per bottle corkage. That $45 total is cheaper than buying wine onboard, and you get better quality wine, but you have to cart it onboard yourself and wait while they record the details of every individual bottle and put a sticker on it. 

Edited by Relaxing Robbies
original wording was misleading

37 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Good luck trying to buy a bottle of wine on Princess for $42. If I remember correctly the cheap bottles of cask wine equivalent stuff are now over $50. You can buy a bottle of something drinkable you like at Dan Murphys for $15, carry it onboard and pay $30 per bottle corkage. That $45 total is cheaper than buying wine onboard, and you get better quality wine, but you have to cart it onboard yourself and wait while they record the details of every individual bottle and put a sticker on it. 

Your right, bottle shown was one offered on P&O last Nov.

Purpose of calculator is to compare drink packages on ship.

The cell L25 is to put price of a bottle you select $50-55 may be a better current price, thanks.

1 minute ago, Ozwoody said:

Your right, bottle shown was one offered on P&O last Nov.

Purpose of calculator is to compare drink packages on ship.

The cell L25 is to put price of a bottle you select $50-55 may be a better current price, thanks.

Princess wine prices are very expensive. They charge $10 - $12 more per bottle than Carnival do for the same wine. I imagine P&O prices are more like Carnival, but I am just guessing, I do not know that from experience.

11 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Princess wine prices are very expensive. They charge $10 - $12 more per bottle than Carnival do for the same wine. I imagine P&O prices are more like Carnival, but I am just guessing, I do not know that from experience.

Haven't been on Princess since 2018, sailed P&O last Nov, will again this Oct.

Prefer Princess, but pricing seems heavy at the moment.🤷‍♀️

Always looking for current prices onboard.

Thanks