If I purchase the premium plus package and the haven. Can I take some bottles home?

justacruiser1

45 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

in the haven?

I’m afraid I really don’t understand all these questions.  You’ve been told several times that the rules for the drink packages are no different in the Haven than in any other part of the ship.  I’m not sure exactly what the question is, but that’s the answer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I‘m sensing perhaps there is a cultural difference, thus the repeat of questions.  

Possibly.

To the OP:  In summary, the rules for the drink packages are the same in the Haven as the rest of the ship.  Two drinks per person per order.  If you have a travel mate”s card they will give you four or two doubles.  I’m not sure there’s a hard and fast rule on how much time must pass between orders. 

That being said, you will find the best bartenders in the Haven bar.  They will get to know you and create drinks they think you will enjoy.  It’s also the only bar on the ship that will smoke your drinks,  normally only in late afternoon, evening, but they are fabulous and fun to watch them making the concoctions.  It’s my favorite part of the Haven bar!

Edited by Russiamomm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Possibly.

To the OP:  In summary, the rules for the drink packages are the same in the Haven as the rest of the ship.  Two drinks per person per order.  If you have a travel mate”s card they will give you four or two doubles.  I’m not sure there’s a hard and fast rule on how much time must pass between orders. 

That being said, you will find the best bartenders in the Haven bar.  They will get to know you and create drinks they think you will enjoy.  It’s also the only bar on the ship that will smoke your drinks,  normally only in late afternoon, evening, but they are fabulous and fun to watch them making the concoctions.  It’s my favorite part of the Haven bar!

oh such great advice. Thanks

• Like 1

step 1. bring empty 750ml bottles from home, along with a small funnel.

step 2. order two shots of your preferred top shelf liquor/liquer at any bar. 
step 3. go to cabin and pour the liquid through the funnel into the empty bottle.

step 4. go to another bar and repeat the process detailed above. alternate among three or four of your favorite bars and continue until all bottles are filled. do not drink anything or it will delay the completion of your take-home bottles!

step 5. go to the duty free shop onboard to determine your savings. with any luck, you will have saved $80 - $200, depending on your liquor choice, the number of bottles filled and the duration of your cruise.

step 6. bask in the glory of a job well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, UKstages said:

step 3. go to cabin and pour the liquid through the funnel into the empty bottle.

step 4. go to another bar and repeat the process detailed above. alternate among three or four of your favorite bars and continue until all bottles are filled. do not drink anything or it will delay the completion of your take-home bottles!

step 5. go to the duty free shop onboard to determine your savings. with any luck, you will have saved $80 - $200, depending on your liquor choice, the number of bottles filled and the duration of your cruise.

A bit "labor intensive," but, I do like your train of thought! 😜

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, UKstages said:

Step 7.  Throw all the filled bottles in the trash at the airport.  TSA regulations prohibit opened bottles of liquor in your checked luggage.  TSA regulations prohibit liquor in your carry-on.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Step 7.  Throw all the filled bottles in the trash at the airport.  TSA regulations prohibit opened bottles of liquor in your checked luggage.  TSA regulations prohibit liquor in your carry-on.

I've done this many times (didn't know there was a regulation against it) and have always had my bottles just fine on the other side.

11 minutes ago, Grimix said:

I've done this many times (didn't know there was a regulation against it) and have always had my bottles just fine on the other side.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/alcoholic-beverages#:~:text=Checked Bags%3A Yes&text=Alcoholic beverages with more than,to limitations in checked bags.

45 minutes ago, justacruiser1 said:

this is because there is vast amount of changes since covid

Someone went on the Bliss last year & commented.

Someone went on the Joy a few weeks ago & commented.

A dude that is LITERALLY ON THE BREAKAWAY RIGHT NOW commented.

You just don't want to listen.

• Like 4