Whale watching

lovestocruisesue

Hello, we will be on the Pride of America in February of 2024. We will be in Honolulu for 3 days before the cruise. A whale watching tour is a must do for us. We have never been to Hawaii before and wondering if we should do the whale watching excursions offered by the cruise or if we should book our own. We are open to booking it ourself but not sure of reputable companies and which island would be best. Thanks so much!

18 hours ago, lovestocruisesue said:

We are open to booking it ourself but not sure of reputable companies and which island would be best. Thanks so much!

To second what Bruce said-- the best whale watching will be from Maui and Kona in that order. I think it might be worth waiting a few months to see how things shake out. I'm sure as we get closer to whale season more will come into focus. It's possible that operators that didn't have their boats destroyed, and departed in and around Lahaina, might relocate to other places. My personal favorite operator, Captain Steves, had both boats destroyed. 

I agree that Lahaina won't be functional, but it's possible that whale watching trips will operate from other places like off the beach at Kaanapali as that reopens. 

• Like 2