Queen Victoria

devolve

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rakkor said:

Just a quick question regarding hairdryers, do Dyson Airwraps work  onboard ? Asking for someone less follically challenged than myself who heard that Airwraps don't work. Her Hot Hairdryer worked fine on last years cruises and was given the OK by the steward to use it and she wants to take her new toy with her in November.

My daughters always take their Dyson’s but not sure if they are called Airwraps just know they are Dysons and ridiculously priced !! I could have had a short cruise nearly for the cost 😂😂🚢

Edited by Winifred 22

Posted (edited)

ay we continue our trek up the coast of Queensland - tonight at 7pm we will turn the corner around cape York and proceed through the Torres Strait on the way to Indonesia our next port of call.

we are surrounded by atolls reefs and islands the area being quite treacherous for marine traffic as many of the shipwrecks below us can attest.

The ships decks are alive again with the screams and yell of the English around the panda tennis table, foreign accents yelling to each other across the pool about god knows what and the laughter of the Australians in the deck chairs around me over the guy in the jacket and pocket chief.....hey! Wait a minute!

Blog update for anyone interested...

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

ay we continue our trek up the coast of Queensland - tonight at 7pm we will turn the corner around cape York and proceed through the Torres Strait on the way to Indonesia our next port of call.

we are surrounded by atolls reefs and islands the area being quite treacherous for marine traffic as many of the shipwrecks below us can attest.

The ships decks are alive again with the screams and yell of the English around the panda tennis table, foreign accents yelling to each other across the pool about god knows what and the laughter of the Australians in the deck chairs around me over the guy in the jacket and pocket chief.....hey! Wait a minute!

Blog update for anyone interested...

Dahling Roscoe - Of COURSE 

DAHLING ROSCOE  - any cultured , educated or human that must have cocktails has your blog on te their must read daily to do list!!!

Love it - Love you -

Sail on sail on Great Ship Roscoe!!!

PS - 

Of course your Captain - The Irish 007 must know you are his Miss Money Penny!!!

Posted (edited)

last night as mentioned we turned into the Torres strait, I was out on the balcony at 2am and we were traveling at 5 knots, it must have been the point that the captain had mentioned we would have 1 meter below the keel. There were lots of markers and the red beacons lighting up the sides of the ship as we drifted by, movement was barely perceptible and there was no sound from the bow wave.

Weather calm warm and stable, apparently Indonesia where we are heading is about to experience a tempest.

Last nights entertainment was a comedian, apparently English and well known although I had never heard of him. I lasted quite long for me....about 45 seconds.

The big world cruise party last night on the poop deck was a hit, it was. bbq theme, plenty of room which made a difference as the previous ones in the Queens room have apparently been quite crowded. There won't be a report on it as I wasn't meant to be there and I don't want to alert the authorities.........

Im not one to judge.......but.......there has been a gentleman coming into the chart room each morning at 8am just as I am arriving in the office and he orders a double Gin, Ice, no short.  It sent the boys into a fluster to begin with when he got on in Sydney but now they have it ready for him each morning and he shuffles off, job done.  No judgement.

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bitung next stop @roscoe39 and what a super place that is.

I have been following my neighbour on his Arcadia World Cruise and they were there a few days ago - what a wonderful welcome.

I've spent some time there on Scuba diving trips and that is also amazing if that's your forte.

Home of the Mimic Octopus...

MimicOctopus1.thumb.JPG.663f9a4e3fa8b12d1776908506676b9f.JPG

Enjoy anyway.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks Richard, there have been some positive reports from the QM2 which called in there a couple of days ago. Apparently the welcome was exuberant and most people who stayed in town to look enjoyed it immensely. Who Knew?

One day out and we are surrounded by Islands, there are over 18500 islands that make up the country and well over 100 million people. 

Last night we had a NZ pianist on stage, Carl Day, he was excellent. So far most of the entertainment has been a little disappointing, the comedians especially. We will not forget the Texan who was meant to do two shows and only did one, personally I was surprised he was allowed to finish that one.

Some of the lectures have been excellent, Professor Denis Folley particularly who lectured on Australia, race relations and the history of slavery in Australia.

Yesterday the Q & A with the chief engineer and our captain - the Irish 007 was a sell out and well deserved. Both of them particularly good with the Dad jokes.

The food in the restaurants beautiful presented and a great and varied menu. Anyone getting on soon has something to look forward to.

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Thanks Richard, there have been some positive reports from the QM2 which called in there a couple of days ago. Apparently the welcome was exuberant and most people who stayed in town to look enjoyed it immensely. Who Knew?

One day out and we are surrounded by Islands, there are over 18500 islands that make up the country and well over 100 million people. 

Last night we had a NZ pianist on stage, Carl Day, he was excellent. So far most of the entertainment has been a little disappointing, the comedians especially. We will not forget the Texan who was meant to do two shows and only did one, personally I was surprised he was allowed to finish that one.

Some of the lectures have been excellent, Professor Denis Folley particularly who lectured on Australia, race relations and the history of slavery in Australia.

Yesterday the Q & A with the chief engineer and our captain - the Irish 007 was a sell out and well deserved. Both of them particularly good with the Dad jokes.

The food in the restaurants beautiful presented and a great and varied menu. Anyone getting on soon has something to look forward to.

Pirates and Cunard’s Dress Code…you really crack me up! Almost as good as a previous blog with the prince with 12 names being called in from playing by his mother for dinner.