CCL still charging for 3rd or more entrees?

DrSea

25 minutes ago, DrSea said:

I'm glad it's not an issue for you but it's still an issue for me. It's not reaching deep since it's been the same issue for over a year as there are no changes. You can look at my history.

It's my line in the sand. I understand if it doesn't impact the way you vacation. But it does for me. 

And it's more than complaining. I'm voting with my feet. I will not book CCL until these changes are reversed. 

The charge for the third entree doesn't bother me, if I'm still hungry after 2 I can hit up the buffet or something. It's the serious decline in food quality that I have a problem with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The charge for the third entree doesn't bother me, if I'm still hungry after 2 I can hit up the buffet or something. It's the serious decline in food quality that I have a problem with.

To me, it's both.

Being charged extra for that quality of food just feels wrong on so many levels

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

Buying low has been pretty easy with CCL over the last few years.

We did the same thing shortly after the pandemic was declared and the markets bottomed out. Hubby bought shares in CCL for around $9 and I bought shares in RCL for just under $29. Sold half less than 5 months later for $61, then started buying back a few shares (@$65 and $75/share) thinking I wanted to get back to 100 shares for shareholder benefit. Decided I wasn't going to get back to 100 shares, and the profit was better than a SH benefit I might not use... sold 30 in Oct of last year for the almost rock bottom price of $45, to free up cash to buy something else. Sold the last of my RCL shares last month for $105... all in all, almost 137% profit.

Hubby actually now has 200 shares in CCL, just so he can sell down to cash in profit (if and when CCL ever returns to $50-60/share) but still keep SH benefit. BUT that only worked because neither of us lost our jobs during the pandemic and subsequent lockdown. If that had happened, I would have been paying my mortgage and putting food on the table with that money, not investing in the stock market.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrSea said:

I'm glad it's not an issue for you but it's still an issue for me. It's not reaching deep since it's been the same issue for over a year as there are no changes. You can look at my history.

It's my line in the sand. I understand if it doesn't impact the way you vacation. But it does for me. 

And it's more than complaining. I'm voting with my feet. I will not book CCL until these changes are reversed. 

I can understand the concern if that is where you put value in your vacation dollars. We were told at one time that any entrée can be made into an appetizer (I wasn't hungry one night so only ordered an appy, no entrée and no dessert). I understand that there is no limit on appetizers, so wonder if you are looking only to try a variety, could you order "unlimited" appy-sized entrées? I don't know if they permit that under the new rules.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CaptG said:

Someone posted this on another Carnival page I follow. Not a bad looking meal for $15...

FB_IMG_1694560261937.jpg

Five empty shells is not a bad looking meal? i was just on the Panorama last month. They pull the lobster over the shells so you just cut the meat from the back as you can see in that picture. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, john91498 said:

We're trying RCL next year on the Ovation and the Navigator. Hoping the food on RCL is better.

People over there screaming just as much. Menu cut supposedly to get it out to you faster and hotter but every cut royal pax go nuts. I did think the food was better and hotter. Lobster is limited to 1 maine lobster. They are not twice as big. I'm not sure I can taste the difference between a maine and caribbean lobster. You can have as much as you want on royal but they tried to say one plate at a time. I had 2 different men at my table about start fights who wanted strip steak and lobster on the same plate. You can order all the entrees you want but they tried to say one at a time. Talk about pushback. I think royal pax complain a lot louder and dont let it drop. I felt bad for the waiter. Or it's someone wants to eat their spaghetti and meat together. I think royal gave up. People I've seen were standing up shouting at the waiter. Also the classics are mixed in not served every single night. And once a day housekeeping... people are never ever going to book royal again over it. Imo the pax on royal make you guys seem like happy campers. 

Personally I'm looking forward to guys burgers on dream lol. And white pizza. Sometimes the grass is just different, not all worse or all better. 

• Like 5

Eating three entrees? No judgement but I can’t even imagine. One or two apps - entree - dessert and I am good. I am not a shrinking violet either - 6 foot 3 and 190. This thread  reminds me of the people on my HAL cruise last month running in a stampede to chase down waiters with trays of chocolate items.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, john91498 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed Guys Burgers. Some days, I had them 3 times a day...lol...

Guys Burgers . . . . 3 times a day?

It doesn't look like the medical Center would be able to preform quadruple bypass surgery on board, so you may want to be careful.

Medical Services

Should a guest require medical attention while aboard one of our vessels, the Medical Center staff is available to assist 24 hours a day. The on board medical centers are staffed and equipped to treat routine medical conditions as well as to initiate stabilization of more serious conditions. Physicians are available to render services at a customary fee. While at sea or in port, the availability of medical care may be limited.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CaptG said:

We were on the Horizon in May and thought the food was fine. We ate the MDR every night and enjoyed it. Not sure what all the complaints are about

Because what is the point of cruising if I can't try 5 dishes every night? I'd rather just stay at land where I get no entrees each night!

People have been complaining about food quality since the beginning of time. Apparently, the mass markets all started as a 3-Michelin star meals, and feel a tier each year. Now on year 15 of downgrades, it is inedible. I agree with you. We ate in the MDR every night in January. I might have had one meal that was just ok. Which is honestly better odds than I would get at many land-based restaurants.

I can put away some serious food. On many cruises, I do. At dinner, I can rarely go beyond a salad, appetizer, and entree at that point. The 3 entree thing is simply FOMO. You can stuff yourself all day, hit up the buffet at dinner, get unlimited apps, and 2 entrees. Yet, they seek out the limitation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

It doesn't look like the medical Center would be able to preform quadruple bypass surgery on board, so you may want to be careful.

Medical Services

Should a guest require medical attention while aboard one of our vessels, the Medical Center staff is available to assist 24 hours a day. The on board medical centers are staffed and equipped to treat routine medical conditions as well as to initiate stabilization of more serious conditions. Physicians are available to render services at a customary fee. While at sea or in port, the availability of medical care may be limited.

On a couple days, I asked them to put an extra patty on to make a double cheeseburger...😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Medical Services

Next time, ask for the Pig Patty Swerski Special. It comes with a side of Lipitor.

• Haha 1