Pantheon Tickets and Lineups

TheHawk1

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Curious why you don't trust PayPal?

I've used them for years to pay for private tours, rentals, purchases, etc.

I don't use them either.  In my case, they got hacked a few years ago and I had to fight for several weeks to take all the fraudulent charges off.  And it was very clear that it was the Paypal account and not my credit card that was compromised.  

6 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Curious why you don't trust PayPal?

I've used them for years to pay for private tours, rentals, purchases, etc.

There are a lot of recent online reviews that their customer service has gone way down in recent years and people are noticing a lot of incorrect transactions on their PayPal account.  I tend to trust my credit card company more for online purchases.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marazul said:

I don't use them either.  In my case, they got hacked a few years ago and I had to fight for several weeks to take all the fraudulent charges off.  And it was very clear that it was the Paypal account and not my credit card that was compromised.  

14 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

There are a lot of recent online reviews that their customer service has gone way down in recent years and people are noticing a lot of incorrect transactions on their PayPal account.  I tend to trust my credit card company more for online purchases.

Hmmm, maybe I should look for alternative methods. But sometimes (as with the Pantheon tickets), alternative methods don't work....

40 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I am trying to Google Map my Metro route from my hotel to the Vatican Museum. This “modified service” was included. Anyone know what it means? TIA!IMG_2228.thumb.jpeg.75ce37334ff969be67234e3f47fb8104.jpeg

Nutshell: There is construction on that segment of the line. It will be replaced by bus service.

A taxi from central Rome to the Vatican costs 10-12 euros.

I think you've got dated information.  Who knows how updated google is ... the ATAC web site says that the daytime work was completed in August.  Now the work is taking place after 9 PM at night.

So, it's either the time you requested in the information, which could easily have fallen into the nighttime work frame, or google isn't updated.

If you redo it, be sure to enter the time of day you'll be making the trip.

METRO A: STIAMO RINNOVANDO I BINARI DELLA TRATTA ANAGNINA-OTTAVIANO. DALLA DOMENICA AL GIOVEDI' DALLE ORE 21, TRENI SOSTITUITI DA BUS (atac.roma.it)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

I think you've got dated information.  Who knows how updated google is ... the ATAC web site says that the daytime work was completed in August.  Now the work is taking place after 9 PM at night.

So, it's either the time you requested in the information, which could easily have fallen into the nighttime work frame, or google isn't updated.

If you redo it, be sure to enter the time of day you'll be making the trip.

METRO A: STIAMO RINNOVANDO I BINARI DELLA TRATTA ANAGNINA-OTTAVIANO. DALLA DOMENICA AL GIOVEDI' DALLE ORE 21, TRENI SOSTITUITI DA BUS (atac.roma.it)

I entered the date and time which was night for the restaurant we are having dinner at in the Vatican area.  Our reservations are at 8:00pm so DH will probably want to take a taxi anyway.  I was just covering our bases. In case there is a taxi strike😉oh, I hope I don't need to worry about that as well!

This is the literal translation I get:

Renovation work on the infrastructure of line A of the metro "renewal of the infrastructure (tracks, switches and ballast) on the entire line 8 and in the Ottaviano-Anagnina section of metro A. the construction site on metro A will be active for 18 months from Sunday to Thursday.

Metro line A, therefore, will be replaced by buses for the entire length (from Battistini to Anagnina) starting from 9pm on Sunday to Thursday. On Fridays and Saturdays the A metro time will be the usual: 5.30-1.30. (@romamobilita)"
Effective from 7/4/2022, 6:00AM to 12/23/2023, 3:16PM

I looked at the ATAC site too -- it is definitely confusing. Can it be that the ATAC notice is dealing only with one phase of the (much longer) construction program?

Edited by cruisemom42

45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I entered the date and time which was night for the restaurant we are having dinner at in the Vatican area.  Our reservations are at 8:00pm so DH will probably want to take a taxi anyway.  I was just covering our bases. In case there is a taxi strike😉oh, I hope I don't need to worry about that as well!

It isn't a very long walk . . .

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I looked at the ATAC site too -- it is definitely confusing. Can it be that the ATAC notice is dealing only with one phase of the (much longer) construction program?

Yes, that appears to be the case.  The daytime work is finished on the tracks but nighttime work will continue for quite a while.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:08 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Gotcha.  The link CatBoiler posted was 18 euro per person as far as I could tell.  It felt like a TripAdvisor-like site and not a direct link to the Pantheon.  Maybe I can book it when we are in Rome.

The link I posted was not for 18 Euro pp. The link I posted was a "how to book" site, just like the mamalovesrome site. I purchased my tickets for 5 euro, using PayPal

37 minutes ago, CatBoiler said:

That is not the link I posted. I don't know how you got there.

This is the link I posted...

image.thumb.png.e330521a6aa40e3c8779e8de66973e10.png

image.thumb.png.c59479a152d1f239479822c8ead0c2fa.png

Yes I see it now. I’m glad there are explanations on this site as well since it is a bit confusing getting to purchase the 5 euro tickets. Thx for posting 👍

Edited by ninjacat123

On 9/19/2023 at 7:50 AM, TheHawk1 said:

Here's an update, in case anyone is checking this question in future searches.

I emailed the Italian Ministry Helpdesk and they responded.  There is an option on the payment screen to change the ecommerce provider before you process the credit card.  I changed from the default setting to "Nexi", which is a Visa card provider and it worked.  The instructions on the web site are not self-explanatory, but the option is there. Perhaps MamaLovesRome should update her otherwise excellent advice?

I have my tickets now and won't have to stand in line!

We changed the default setting to "Nexi"  and our Visa still didn't work.

Hoping if we go lineup at 8:30am for 9am tickets, the line-ups shouldn't be too bad?  We are going late Oct, so the crowds should be less than summer.

10 hours ago, TeamCan said:

We changed the default setting to "Nexi"  and our Visa still didn't work.

Hoping if we go lineup at 8:30am for 9am tickets, the line-ups shouldn't be too bad?  We are going late Oct, so the crowds should be less than summer.

Their website Helpdesk offered two suggestions for using North American credit cards, Nexi or Intesa San Paolo.  I used the first one because it had the lower transaction fee.  You could try the other one and see if that works?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Their website Helpdesk offered two suggestions for using North American credit cards, Nexi or Intesa San Paolo.  I used the first one because it had the lower transaction fee.  You could try the other one and see if that works?

Thank you..... now the site is down... 'an internal server error has occurred' Lol!