About to book a second trip. Haven't even taken the first one

Hydrotx

So i haven't cruised on MSC before and a month or so ago I booked our first trip and we are opting for a YC Duplex.  Sadly, it isn't until later in 2024 due to a variety of hectic things going on for the rest of this year.

After reading a bunch of y'all damn posts from the ship, I now have a hold for a YC interior for March.  Need to discuss with the wife.  I think it would be much better to do the interior room first and then the duplex vs. the other way around.  She may kill me if we tried out the rooms in that order.

I do wish there were more options out of NY with MSC.  And really, I hope we enjoy the experience on the ship. 

Have stayed in both the deluxe YC suite and the interior. Interior is tight but has some benefits too:  really, really dark at night and really, really cool. The temp is important to me now that I’ve entered my “hot” stage of life. The downside is the closet space and lack of storage. DH likes to make piles of clothes everywhere which is like walking through a minefield to get to the bathroom. I can suffer through for a week. Anything longer would have to be the bigger space for sure!  Either way, I predict that you will love your YC experiences. 

• Like 2

You kind of have logic right.  We've had kids in a YIN and different trip we had a duplex.  Yin ok, but note bathroom small, shower coffin size.

Duplex like an apartment.  DW used upstairs bath, I used downstairs.  Was like at home where she talks upstairs and I down and can't hear what she was saying.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Hydrotx said:

After reading a bunch of y'all damn posts from the ship, I now have a hold for a YC interior for March.  Need to discuss with the wife.  I think it would be much better to do the interior room first and then the duplex vs. the other way around.  She may kill me if we tried out the rooms in that order.

Good choice!  I know I would experience a pain worse than death if I were to downgrade on the second cruise! 🫢

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Good choice!  I know I would experience a pain worse than death if I were to downgrade on the second cruise! 🫢

Think we have made that mistake, booked YC for next June, usually out of our budget but got a really good deal for just me and the wife (usually would be with our two daughters).

How will we ever go back to the cheap seats 

😂😭😂😭

• Haha 1