How do you do a "courtesy hold" on a reservation?

Gracie115

10 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Have searched but can't find an answer.  Is it possible to put a Royal booking on a "courtesy hold"  and if so how do you do it?

Thanks

If you are allowed you have to call to book it or use a TA.  TA's can get holds that range from 7 to 30 days for cruises that are 3 months or more from sailing and a bit less for the sailings that are very close.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are allowed you have to call to book it or use a TA.  TA's can get holds that range from 7 to 30 days for cruises that are 3 months or more from sailing and a bit less for the sailings that are very close.

Thanks, but I thought you could do it some way when booking on line.  I know you used to be able to do that but can't remember how anymore or perhaps you can't ...... 😨

Anyone else have any ideas....the thought of sitting on hold on the phone while waiting for someone at Royal to answer is not very appealing at all.

Just now, Gracie115 said:

Thanks, but I thought you could do it some way when booking on line.  I know you used to be able to do that but can't remember how anymore or perhaps you can't ...... 😨

Anyone else have any ideas....the thought of sitting on hold on the phone while waiting for someone at Royal to answer is not very appealing at all.

They took away the option to do it on line.

35 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Hold times have not been long at all lately.

31 minutes ago, GJustice said:

I've put a couple of cruises on the 48 hour hold on the website. You get to the deposit screen and can choose to not pay a deposit, but check the hold box.

May not be on all cruises, but I've used it twice in the last month.

Thank you.