Minibar contents

marylovestotravel

On 9/15/2023 at 9:54 AM, CDNPolar said:

Costco are supposed to carry it but have looked and asked and they don't have it in my area anyway...

You're beholden to what the inventory managers order, but it's definitely in their catalog.

I only regret not buying more ginger beer the last time it was on sale at Costco.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

Were you expecting a bar?

SSP is for use at the bars and restaurants, it doesn’t cover your in room spirits. They will be replenished daily.

No, I wasn't expecting a bar in our cabin, and we've already used the SSP onboard Viking River.  But I was expecting that paying for an Explorer Suite would give us at least 1 bottle of liquor of our choice in our cabin. We didn't have that on our Viking River Cruise, but were in the suite below Explorer level. On all of our other cruises, on multiple cruise lines, we've had drinks included, and  they gave wine, beer and a bottle of liquor in our cabin. We did have all the wine we wanted in our Viking River cruise  suite, which wasn't part of the SSP.  The Explorer Suites on the River Cruise had an in suite bar included, but we were one level below Explorer Suite.

So I'm just asking if anyone has ever been in an Explorer Suite on Viking, and what exactly is provided in your cabin. If you don't know, then don't guess.

3 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

No, I wasn't expecting a bar in our cabin, and we've already used the SSP onboard Viking River.  But I was expecting that paying for an Explorer Suite would give us at least 1 bottle of liquor of our choice in our cabin. We didn't have that on our Viking River Cruise, but were in the suite below Explorer level. On all of our other cruises, on multiple cruise lines, we've had drinks included, and  they gave wine, beer and a bottle of liquor in our cabin. We did have all the wine we wanted in our Viking River cruise  suite, which wasn't part of the SSP.  The Explorer Suites on the River Cruise had an in suite bar included, but we were one level below Explorer Suite.

So I'm just asking if anyone has ever been in an Explorer Suite on Viking, and what exactly is provided in your cabin. If you don't know, then don't guess.

Don't know so not guessing but based on the pretty long list of what is included in the Explorer's Suite, looks like to me, it's coming with the same mini-bar as the other staterooms that come with liquor. 
https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/baltic/in-search-of-the-northern-lights/pricing.html#noscroll

• Like 3

In an Explorer Suite on Mars right now.  The mini-bar is the same as everyone else's, but it gets replaced daily and you have some ability to customize it by swapping out types of soda or tiny bottles if you prefer one item over another.  For example, DH had them swap out all the Coke Zero for more Coke.  

We also have a bottle of champagne, which we don't drink but usually try to find a neighbour on board who wants it.

We also grab extra bottled water at the gangway and wedge some in since that's not included in the mini-bar.

4A9D1820-5282-42EF-A514-A91CCE8DFEB6.jpeg

58439516-A494-4318-A6A6-E6F11D4162A7.jpeg

Edited by bookbabe

3 hours ago, bookbabe said:

In an Explorer Suite on Mars right now.  The mini-bar is the same as everyone else's, but it gets replaced daily and you have some ability to customize it by swapping out types of soda or tiny bottles if you prefer one item over another.  For example, DH had them swap out all the Coke Zero for more Coke.

This is true for all cabins PV and up. All DV cabins also get the same with no liquor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bookbabe said:

We also have a bottle of champagne, which we don't drink but usually try to find a neighbour on board who wants it.

We also grab extra bottled water at the gangway and wedge some in since that's not included in the mini-bar.

4A9D1820-5282-42EF-A514-A91CCE8DFEB6.jpeg

58439516-A494-4318-A6A6-E6F11D4162A7.jpeg

Your room steward will be happy to swap the champagne for a bottle of wine - I would check the wine list and then ask your steward to exchange - should be no problem!

13 minutes ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

Your room steward will be happy to swap the champagne for a bottle of wine - I would check the wine list and then ask your steward to exchange - should be no problem!

If we liked wine, that would be an option.  As it is, it's easier to just give the bottle to a neighbouring cabin.

• Like 1