Volendam at Juneau Harbour on September 15, 2023

leerathje

ms Volendam will be at CT dock from 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and she is on a 7 day Alaska Inside Passage

image.jpeg.de5b420ad263933df1695ecf49c1dedc.jpeg

Disney Wonder at AJD dock (6:00 am to 6:00 pm), Carnival Miracle at FKL dock (9:00 am to 10:00 pm), and Quantum of the Seas is at AS dock (1:30 pm to 7:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

Next up:  Koningsdam and Eurodam on September 18, 2023.

Leanne

Edited by leerathje
incomplete title
  • Thanks 1

• leerathje changed the title to Volendam at Juneau Harbour on September 15, 2023
3 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Here's a shot of the Volendam as it left Vancouver and headed into Howe Sound. I was on the fast ferry run by Hullo (the new company); coming back from Nanaimo. Scenic area!

Nanaimo Hullo ferry DSC_5798 2 Volendam.jpg

Oohh!  How was the sailing?  Many ppl on?  I've been trying to come up with a reason to go to Vancouver just to try it out.

1 hour ago, leerathje said:

Oohh!  How was the sailing?  Many ppl on?  I've been trying to come up with a reason to go to Vancouver just to try it out.

The ferry (capacity 354 pax) cruised at 35 knots (70 kmph) comfortably in smooth waters. The Nanaimo-bound load at noon was a third full. The return trip at 4:30pm was only a quarter full in Biz and Premium class (Deck 2). About half full in Comfort class on Deck 1.

I was pleased with the outing because the price was very reasonable, the seats comfortable, and the crew polite. Best views from the Premium section behind the Biz seats. The Biz pax sat facing the bare wall of the bridge. No forward windows. 

Do dress appropriately in bad weather. The pax muster out in the open before embarkation. Hullo does not have a terminal, as Helijet does. In Nanaimo, the dock is next to the Helijet facility. So, you can grab a seat (only a few) in the Helijet office.

Nanaimo Hullo ferry DSC_5768.jpg

Nanaimo Hullo ferry DSC_5791.jpg

1 hour ago, Double D Cruisers said:

Hi,  May I ask who the cruise director is on the Volendam?

Thanks,

Debbie

Captain Ryan Whitaker. Staff Captain Thijs Menger. GM Francois Birarda. CD Glenn Michael. F&B Mgr Johan de Vries. Chef Alain Henry. 

https://lt.linkedin.com/in/glenn-michael-50689429

2 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

No rain today, the camera is panning  [as usual] and most of the view is blocked - except the basin itself. I'm getting small stutters in the panning.

I'm getting the stutters as well.

L.