Follow function doesn't work

The last two roll calls I have followed have not been sending notifications to my email.  Messages are not going to my spam folder - they are simply not being received at all.  I have double-checked, and Follow has been set up correctly just like I've always done.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Check this pinned thread to see if any of it helps. Follow and notifications are a non-trivial subject 🙂.

Appreciate it, but this was the first thing I checked to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.  Follow always worked for me in the past.  It's just been the last couple of roll calls that haven't worked.

There is also 

It's also possible that you are not receiving the notification emails despite them being sent. There have been occasional reports of such, although I haven't noticed any reports recently. You can email help@cruisecritic.com asking about this. Use your email address of record and include your username.

If I remember correctly, sometimes your email provider decides that an email is junk and bounces it back. When CC gets a bounceback it removes that email address. Help should be able to check if that is the case and reinstate the email address, but it may happen again. What about just getting notifications on CC without an email?

9 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

The last two roll calls I have followed have not been sending notifications to my email.  Messages are not going to my spam folder - they are simply not being received at all.  I have double-checked, and Follow has been set up correctly just like I've always done.

@FredZiffle

If your email address of choice has changed, be sure to have your Cruise Critic email address of record changed too. That is where Cruise Critic emails are sent to you. Please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Please make sure you have the email address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com whitelisted and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Perhaps you accidently marked one of the Cruise Critic emails as Spam. If so, I suggest you contact your email provider to see if that can be corrected.

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time, but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic, then the Cruise Critic software stops sending you any further notification emails. 

Please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. Explain the above possible bounce back situation and ask if the situation applies to your Cruise Critic account. IIRC, CC Help Michell can possibly investigate for the bounce back situation and possibly correct.

Regarding Notifications from your Followed threads, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear, click Mentions & My Content and Followed ContentClick the little down arrow to open each section and make sure each item is set for your preference. 

Also, click this link:  Manage Followed Content You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic you can select the light blue Change Preference bar. You can make changes to your choice and then click the dark blue Update preferences bar. OR you can completely Unfollow the topic.  
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all mine set to Notification List. I just click the Notifications Bell to the left of my user name over the small Search bubble. Then scroll down the pop-up that appears and click View all notifications. A new screen opens listing all my Notifications. I then click each one that takes me directly to the post. That way I am not drowning in emails!

If you want to set yours that way, click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. Click the down arrows and set each as Notification List Only.

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat

13 hours ago, Host Kat said:

@FredZiffle

If your email address of choice has changed, be sure to have your Cruise Critic email address of record changed too. That is where Cruise Critic emails are sent to you. Please click the following: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Please make sure you have the email address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com whitelisted and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Perhaps you accidently marked one of the Cruise Critic emails as Spam. If so, I suggest you contact your email provider to see if that can be corrected.

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time, but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic, then the Cruise Critic software stops sending you any further notification emails. 

Please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. Explain the above possible bounce back situation and ask if the situation applies to your Cruise Critic account. IIRC, CC Help Michell can possibly investigate for the bounce back situation and possibly correct.

Regarding Notifications from your Followed threads, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear, click Mentions & My Content and Followed ContentClick the little down arrow to open each section and make sure each item is set for your preference. 

Also, click this link:  Manage Followed Content You will see a list for Topics I Follow.

• To the right of each topic you can select the light blue Change Preference bar. You can make changes to your choice and then click the dark blue Update preferences bar. OR you can completely Unfollow the topic.  
  • You can also check the boxes next to each topic to make changes to multiple topic notification preferences at once.

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all mine set to Notification List. I just click the Notifications Bell to the left of my user name over the small Search bubble. Then scroll down the pop-up that appears and click View all notifications. A new screen opens listing all my Notifications. I then click each one that takes me directly to the post. That way I am not drowning in emails!

If you want to set yours that way, click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. Click the down arrows and set each as Notification List Only.

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Thank you for such a detailed reply.  I double-checked everything you mentioned, and all settings appear correct.  I have repeatedly checked my spam folder to see if messages are being routed there, but I do not see any.  I do get push notifications for replies to my posts when I open the CC site, but do not receive such for followed content.  I receive no email notifications for any posts, but I do regularly receive emails from CC advertising cruise sales.

10 hours ago, FredZiffle said:

Thank you for such a detailed reply.  I double-checked everything you mentioned, and all settings appear correct.  I have repeatedly checked my spam folder to see if messages are being routed there, but I do not see any.  I do get push notifications for replies to my posts when I open the CC site, but do not receive such for followed content.  I receive no email notifications for any posts, but I do regularly receive emails from CC advertising cruise sales.

@FredZiffle

You are most welcome!

As I said before, please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your user name. Possibly @CC Help Michell can help.