Lighthouse in Cozumel

beshears

15 minutes ago, beshears said:

Thank you for your reply that there is a lighthouse that we could climb in (Cozumel) Punta Sur. I guess we could always get a Taxi to take us there.

So long as you get it to wait to take you back. Very poor cell phone reception there and you wonā€™t get waiting taxis. Best to hire a driver at the port Ā for a few hours and take a ride round the island or book a private driver in advance.

Thanks, that does sound good, and I'll try to remember this if we get to the lighthouse. I am over 70 and have been able to climb two or three, and I just liked to PROVE to my children that mom CAN still do it. šŸ™‚

8 minutes ago, beshears said:

Thanks, that does sound good, and I'll try to remember this if we get to the lighthouse. I am over 70 and have been able to climb two or three, and I just liked to PROVE to my children that mom CAN still do it. šŸ™‚

it certainly isnā€™t an easy climb and there is a small hole to go through to get out at the top. Here is a good description of the area. - this person went by a jeep tour but we opt for our private driver.

Ā 

https://lifewithoutaroadmap.com/punta-sur-eco-park-the-best-one-day-adventure-in-cozumel/

Edited by c-leg5

Thank you for sharing the review of Punta Sur in Cozumel and the lighthouse that I was asking about, and especially the surrounding area as well. I just "might???" get the rest of my group to want to see/visit this as well. šŸ™‚

We did it as a jeep tour as well and I wasn't able to climb it due to an accident, but my husband and daughter went up there and got some AMAZING pictures. You can check out my pictures HERE (scroll down the page to find them). They also have a museum at the bottom which was neat as well. There's more things to do at Punta Sur (a lagoon that has a walkway with another place to climb up and they have gators there in the water). Then there's the beach with the restaurant (2 of them).