Selecting dining times in MDR on Celebrity Edge

lovedecruise

Hi, We are hoping to cruise on Celebrity Edge in March 2024 but still have a few things to get sorted before we commit to the sailing.  We have been checking the stateroom inventory regularly and nothing has been changing that much at all, with still plenty of choice available.  We have noticed now, however, that the only dining option in the MDR is for the late sitting of 8.30 pm and you have to add your name to a waitlist if you want either of the other two options.                            Due to my bad digestive problems, eating at this late time is just not an option, and I don't want to commit to eating in the buffet every night.                                    If we put our name on a waitlist, are we likely to get the time we request?  Has anyone else had an experience where they weren't able to eat at their preferred time?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Is there any way we can guarantee an earlier allocated time?  Our first preference would be select dining.   Many thanks for your help                        

9 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

E class ships actually have no specified dining time since you can eat at any of the 4 MDR restaurants. It’s Celebrity’s dumb software that doesn’t recognize this difference. 

100% concur.  I think you could do 2 things

1) go to Matre D upon boarding and see what they can do for earlier dining reservations (you may also want to try all 4 restaurants during your cruise)

2) if this fails, just show up at one of the MDR’s and get on the waiting list and hopefully you’ll be seated within 20-30 minutes (not saying this from experience but from what I’ve read on the many many dining threads)

I was recently on the Beyond (Edge class) for a B2B for 21 days and apart from a couple of specialty restaurant meals, I had dinner in the MDR each night. I recall one night there was a longish wait line at Cyprus so I walked over to one of the other MDRs. For all of the other dinners, I was seated immediately (ate at different times between 6pm and 8pm). Both cruises were near or at capacity. Unless you are part of a large group or want to sit in a specific area, you won't have a problem eating dinner at the time you want on the Edge or other Edge-class ship.

• Like 1

No set Dining on the Edge.  Just pick what shows as available when booking, it doesn’t matter.  On e on the ship each evening to go o e of the MDRs at the time you want.  If 1 is busy try another, you can get any of the menu items in all 4 restaurants.

Long way off - but we will be a group of 10 sailing on Ascent next fall.

we do not see a way to book ourselves together. Anyone know any tricks or secrets ?( only a max of 😎

my amazing TA is doing her best to get us help with this with Celebrity, but it is showing capacity for early times are full.

This is a year out. Does that actually sound correct ?
thanks

44 minutes ago, brockmom said:

Long way off - but we will be a group of 10 sailing on Ascent next fall.

we do not see a way to book ourselves together. Anyone know any tricks or secrets ?( only a max of 😎

my amazing TA is doing her best to get us help with this with Celebrity, but it is showing capacity for early times are full.

This is a year out. Does that actually sound correct ?
thanks

We have had the same problem, mainly I think because each couple booked in various manners (direct with Celebrity, different TA’s).  We tried everything but nothing worked in advance of the cruise. However upon boarding, we went to one of the MDR’s and got it resolved for all nights in about 10 minutes.

I wish Celebrity system was a little more accommodating on this but it can be solved

21 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

Hi, We are hoping to cruise on Celebrity Edge in March 2024 but still have a few things to get sorted before we commit to the sailing.  We have been checking the stateroom inventory regularly and nothing has been changing that much at all, with still plenty of choice available.  We have noticed now, however, that the only dining option in the MDR is for the late sitting of 8.30 pm and you have to add your name to a waitlist if you want either of the other two options.                            Due to my bad digestive problems, eating at this late time is just not an option, and I don't want to commit to eating in the buffet every night.                                    If we put our name on a waitlist, are we likely to get the time we request?  Has anyone else had an experience where they weren't able to eat at their preferred time?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Is there any way we can guarantee an earlier allocated time?  Our first preference would be select dining.   Many thanks for your help                        

We were on the Apex in March 2023. Reserved Select Dining for 6:00 PM each evening prior to the cruise. Once onboard we were advised no TD and no reservations for SD. But the Maitre D put us in the system for 6:PM as we also requested the same (location) two top each evening in the same MDR. We weren't interested in switching MDRs as all menus are available at all four MDRs. Personal preference. 

• Like 1