Late disembarkation

uktog

I have searched but cannot find an answer to this question.

On other lines, there has been the option to stay onboard, albeit having checked out of your suite, until lunchtime or just after.  Our final day we have a 1700 flight (so 1400 at the airport).  There is no "tour and airport drop off" option offered in the excursions.  I have tried several taxi firms to no avail, everyone wants to take us to a resort with a full day pass and no one seems able to confirm how secure our luggage would be.  As this is Barbados, I want to be cautious.

Does anyone know if Explora are offering late disembarkation (no problem it being at a fee) or have any other suggestions

29 minutes ago, uktog said:

On other lines, there has been the option to stay onboard, albeit having checked out of your suite, until lunchtime or just after.  Our final day we have a 1700 flight (so 1400 at the airport).  There is no "tour and airport drop off" option offered in the excursions.  I have tried several taxi firms to no avail, everyone wants to take us to a resort with a full day pass and no one seems able to confirm how secure our luggage would be.  As this is Barbados, I want to be cautious.

Does anyone know if Explora are offering late disembarkation (no problem it being at a fee) or have any other suggestions

I saw a video earlier today where the vlogger said she had to be out of her cabin by 8 - rather uncivilized!

I am planning on getting a day pass at the Barbados Hilton. I am assuming that it should be secure enough. Luggage storage is listed as an amenity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

They’re not offering any extension options for us on our current cruise on arrival in New York 

They want us off by 9.30am

IMG_4240.thumb.jpeg.84def77599abd0205aff548a4f221e31.jpeg

Two points.  1.  That letter seems to confirm that EJ1 will definitely be docking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (12th Ave).  and 2.  Since this will be EJ1s initial visit to a US Port, they will likely be subject to a thorough USCG Inspection.   We are hoping that an inspection does not delay embarkation, but we have seen that happen in Florida ports.

Hank

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Two points.  1.  That letter seems to confirm that EJ1 will definitely be docking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal (12th Ave).  and 2.  Since this will be EJ1s initial visit to a US Port, they will likely be subject to a thorough USCG Inspection.   We are hoping that an inspection does not delay embarkation, but we have seen that happen in Florida ports.

Hank

Delayed embarkation is a valid concern!

I have the same thoughts about our embarkation in Miami November 3rd being glitchy, since it’s the first time for EJ to disembark and embark in Miami. 

Hope I am wrong….but we will see! 

16 hours ago, happy cruzin said:

Delayed embarkation is a valid concern!

I have the same thoughts about our embarkation in Miami November 3rd being glitchy, since it’s the first time for EJ to disembark and embark in Miami. 

Hope I am wrong….but we will see! 

Apples and oranges from New York.  Explora I is being certified for US ports in New York, not Miami. CG and CDC/PHS will be in New York.

5 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

Apples and oranges from New York.  Explora I is being certified for US ports in New York, not Miami. CG and CDC/PHS will be in New York.

Yes I understand the NYC vs Miami certification/inspections. But, that’s not what I meant.

I mean just glitchy (not running smoothly/general confusion) because it will be the first time to flip over the ship in Miami. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy cruzin said:

Yes I understand the NYC vs Miami certification/inspections. But, that’s not what I meant.

I mean just glitchy (not running smoothly/general confusion) because it will be the first time to flip over the ship in Miami. 

Legitimate concern, once to turn things a little worse, MSC's dedicated terminal is not completed yet and EJ is by and large at the mercy of any other available dock, even if a cargo one near be with cruise facilities access elsewhere. Mandatory inspections at first landing on US lands is obviously another thing that won't affect the ones in Miami.

23 hours ago, uktog said:

I just phoned the Hilton - it’s 120 USD for a couple for the day pass, 1/2 of which you’ll get back in food and beverage credits - a great deal!  You can call them directly to reserve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I just phoned the Hilton - it’s 120 USD for a couple for the day pass, 1/2 of which you’ll get back in food and beverage credits - a great deal!  You can call them directly to reserve.

I’ve emailed them as that sounds ideal