Magnetic Hooks and Flying

Chippendale

On 9/21/2023 at 11:47 AM, vjmatty said:

I don't think it is a concern with magnetic hooks per se, it is probably the category of "identifiable metal object" on Xray that makes it an issue.

I think this is the best explanation. I can imagine 20 or 30 magnetic hooks twisting and turning into odd shapes on an xray machine. LOL

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:48 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

I carry a SMALL pocketknife with me everywhere. On more than one occasion I have forgotten to pack it in my checked luggage. When that happens, I give it to my wife and she puts it in her purse. She has carried that knife through TSA checkpoints and cruise terminal checkpoints. Either they don't care about it because it's so small or with all the other shi (stuff) she has in her purse, they just don't notice it.

I love that  you make her put it in her purse .

??

Cheers

Just now, doghog said:

We bring more hooks than what we need. Always packed in our checked luggage (along with a roll of duct tape,😉) and never had an issue. 

LOL!!!  Duck tape Dave!!   I think you should always take more Duct Tape as needed...which probably you usually do.  😄 😄  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!!  Duck tape Dave!!   I think you should always take more Duct Tape as needed...which probably you usually do.  😄 😄  

Already packed for our October cruise. Full roll. That sucker is heavy. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Ah... but of course monsieur....how else would you do it?  😄 

I'm not sure.  That would be great for a whole other discussion on another board, somewhere.

Oh, just an FYI, I do remove my chewing tobacco from my mouth, place it on a napkin, sip my wine with my pinky sticking out, and then replace the chewing tobacco.  After all, I'm a man of culture, I'd never drink wine with tobacco in my mouth.  

🤥 Lying Face Emoji — Meaning, Copy & Paste

• Haha 1