Tote Bags

Dunnedg

On a Caribbean cruise from Miami in November.

I think I read in an earlier post that someone didn't receive a tote/beach bag on a recent trip but it was perhaps something to do with a supply issue than them no longer being provided.

It wouldn’t be an issue but we are meeting family in Miami for a few days who we haven't met for years and have a lot of requests for ‘things from home’. Happy to take a beach bag with us (we are beach bums) but our luggage will be tight for space.

Can any recent travellers confirm they received a bag?

Just back from our 10-night Alaska cruise on Odyssey.  The tote bag was in the cabin upon arrival.

As far as I know, it is still tucked between the sofa and balcony door in Suite 821 where the attendants stored it.  (We never used it and didn't wish to take it with us 😉)

We did not receive a Seabourn tote bag on our June cruise aboard Ovation.  No explanation was given.  I had not taken one of our SB tote bags and regretted it.  I will tuck one into our bag next time just in case as they do come in handy.  

13 hours ago, labonnevie said:

would take it as a plus to not receive another tote bag. 
We have a closet with maybe 20 of the things, just gathering dust. 

Saw some for sale on Ebay 😂. You could start a business perhaps US$10 each!

My wife keeps one in the back of her car and uses it for grocery shopping.

It is a supply chain issue.  We have done 6 cruises since Covid and on most received the tote bag - and on some cruise, a new, different design!  We have had a cruise where there was no tote bag and one where they substituted a canvas bag  - like something you would get from Home Depot!

9 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

No attempt to mail them out after the cruise... sorry but you're out of luck 😬 

I for one am glad they don't waste money sending them out to people after the cruise. Some of us don't want them and use a different bag while in port so we are less likely to be a target. Though I do understand many like to have them.

They were available on our recent cruise in August from Barcelona and I left ours untouched in the suite.

• Like 2