O Life excursion-what happens if port cancelled?

Muckyduckway

In the event that a port is cancelled, are additional excursions made available at other ports to allow guests to replace the "lost" O Life excursion?

I fully expect one of our ports to be dropped, and tried to book an alternative in another port (to have as a back-up fourth O Life excursion) but there is nothing suitable left at the moment that isn't OS or other excluded category.

I know there is no entitlement to SBC if all of one's quota of excursions is not used; but do they ever make an exception if they cancel the port?

Yes. We lost 3 ports recently on Vista due to changes because of Hurricane Lee. Destination Services had to quickly find excursions in New York, which they did. We had two OLife excursions booked in the cancelled ports and we were able to switch them to two excursions in New York. Not what we had planned but fabulous none the less.

Edited by Queen of DaNile
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Yes. We lost 3 ports recently on Vista due to changes because of Hurricane Lee. Destination Services had to quickly find excursions in New York, which they did. We had two OLife excursions booked in the cancelled ports and we were able to switch them to two excursions in New York. Not what we had planned but fabulous none the less.

Yes, but what happens when Olife is no more, or for the people that are already picking Simply More?

8 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

In our case I expect we'll just get another sea day. You were very unfortunate to lose three ports but glad you were able to enjoy the alternative.

2 hours ago, Janet- said:

We were given 99 SBC  in leu of an O life excursion when a port was cancelled earlier this year. This was irrespective of the cost of the cancelled excursion 

That's interesting and would be my preferred solution but I won't expect it!

7 hours ago, Janet- said:

We were given 99 SBC  in leu of an O life excursion when a port was cancelled earlier this year. This was irrespective of the cost of the cancelled excursion 

Was your excursion part of the O Life deal?