Encore Thermal Suite in Alaska

skittl1321

I am cruising solo in two weeks, and decided to splurge on the Thermal Spa Pass. I've seen a lot of people post various ships that had much lower rates, but it was about $60 per day, so to me, that is quite high; a very big splurge.

Now I am really second guessing this... I see some people say the thermal suite is the best part of the ship and a must do, and others say that it is so crowded in Alaska that it is a total waste of money.

So...add your vote? Will it be so impossible to get a spot in the pool or a lounger to make it not worth it?

What times of day are typically more or less crowded? 

I am usually what I call "cruise card zero", where I spend NO money onboard, so something like this is a lot... I'm just really scared of having regrets.

A crowded day in the thermal spa in Alaska is still miles better than, say, a crowded pool deck on a sea day in the Caribbean.

You may have to wait for a heated stone lounger, but there's lots of other seating. And you may have to wait for a spot at one of the jets in the pool, but the pool itself will have room.

Evenings after dinner were one of my favourite times to chill in the thermal spa on the Encore, and it was usually very quiet. At least once or twice I was the only person in there.

Only you can decide if the cost is worth it for you, but personally I love the thermal spas and think they're worth every penny.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, skittl1321 said:

I am cruising solo in two weeks, and decided to splurge on the Thermal Spa Pass. I've seen a lot of people post various ships that had much lower rates, but it was about $60 per day, so to me, that is quite high; a very big splurge.

Now I am really second guessing this... I see some people say the thermal suite is the best part of the ship and a must do, and others say that it is so crowded in Alaska that it is a total waste of money.

So...add your vote? Will it be so impossible to get a spot in the pool or a lounger to make it not worth it?

What times of day are typically more or less crowded? 

I am usually what I call "cruise card zero", where I spend NO money onboard, so something like this is a lot... I'm just really scared of having regrets.

So the thermal suite should be closer to $336 USD/week ($48/day). That was what the rate was two weeks ago on the Encore. They spa girls were really pushing $386 as the rate (which is the Deluxe Thermal Suite pass - which includes 3 containers of oily, salt scrubs). 

In the past, there has not been a big problem in the Thermal Suite, but we normally go later in the day or early in the morning (not mid-day). The Encore itinerary has many "virtual sea days" like Juneau day and Victoria day where you get in to port late. Those days can be more crowded. 

27 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So the thermal suite should be closer to $336 USD/week ($48/day). That was what the rate was two weeks ago on the Encore. They spa girls were really pushing $386 as the rate (which is the Deluxe Thermal Suite pass - which includes 3 containers of oily, salt scrubs). 

In the past, there has not been a big problem in the Thermal Suite, but we normally go later in the day or early in the morning (not mid-day). The Encore itinerary has many "virtual sea days" like Juneau day and Victoria day where you get in to port late. Those days can be more crowded. 

The rate on the website was $379, which is $54 a day. So I did my math wrong, but it's higher than I e typically seen quoted. 

Where in the spa suite can you use scrubs? I don't like salt scrubs, but that makes me want to bring a sugar scrub...

You are sailing in mid October which could be very chilly and rainy, a thermal spa pass will probably be a very wise investment.

Today was a very chilly and rainy day in Seattle.  Lots and lots of rain expected in the next couple of weeks to m ake up for a very dry and smokey Summer.

Enjoy the City of Seattle and your cruise.

• Like 1

Got off the Encore yesterday (24th) and me and the wife had a Thermal pass for the first time. Thoroughly recommend it.

We loved it and used it every day.

Mostly mornings and the occasional afternoon.

Maybe we were lucky but we got loungers every day, even the ones adjacent to the windows.

Some days more people were in the suite than others but it never felt overly full.

We found it emptied around 1200 - 1300, due to people going to eat.

The combination of relaxing pools, steam room and snow room had the same effect every day.....a mid day snooze.

• Like 1

Count me among those that absolutely adore the thermal suite! I prefer to have it and did somewhat miss it on Joy, way back in March. I'm glad Joy will be getting a thermal suite soon. And, I'm absolutely looking forward to Pr1ma's thermal suite come November for a brisk Transatlantic. To me, the price is most definitely worth every penny. 

My general routine:

Regular shower

Pool

Heated lounger

Sauna

Cold shower (cold room on Pr1ma, I bet) 

Heated lounger

Repeat a couple hours each day.