Does anyone get CC search to work with the "AND" option?

Boolean searches aren't the best on this site. It might help to know what you're searching for?  Be sure you have navigated to the board where you want to conduct your search before entering your search terms.  You may have to do the same search on different boards to find your desired results.

13 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Every time I try a simple search on CC with the AND Seach term CC just times out.  Am I missing something?

@Mosaic

Thank you for your new thread. However, it has been moved to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic. Whenever you need help using the Cruise Critic message boards, always check this forum first. Folks often forget about this forum. It is located at the top of the Cruise Critic Community list of forums right under Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Note the large amount of "How to..." pinned threads toward the top of this forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

In your case, first make sure you have used the correct location in the drop-down menu for your search. Here is a clip of my choices:

image.thumb.png.30c85fe58d86fd9b30e826a369c8f630.png

And sometimes you need to enter multiple words surrounded by quotation marks - like, "Miami hotels" - you will get different results than if you entered just the two words. This is because quotation marks are used for phrase searching. That way your results will just be posts containing the phrase "Miami hotels" and not ALL the posts containing the word Miami as well as ALL the posts containing the word hotels.

Also, I know you know what you are looking for... but sometimes I try to think in the way someone else would have posted the information. Then use word phrases with quotation marks as mentioned above. 

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

All words in the Search term are included in the search. Using AND therefore produces a massive result set. The default is to return all matches that include one of the terms, i.e. OR the terms. To return only items that include all terms, check the All of my search term words in the Find results that contain ... section .

Screenshot_20230926_013540_Chrome.jpg.7d137b12dafac15279227a019551c3c6.jpg