VFIP Status change from Gold to Platinum...

VentureMan_2000

Just wanted to share something I was not aware of.

We have two upcoming cruises.  We will turn Platinum on the 2nd cruise as it will push us past the 75-day milestone to become Platinum.

I've always been curious about how Carnival tracks this.  I wanted to be able to take advantage of Priority online check-in to check in two days early on the 2nd cruise.

So, I went to my Cruise Manage to make note of the check-in dates for these two cruises.  I see the check-in for the 1st cruise is 14 days before the start of the cruise... standard for Gold status.  I was surprised to see the check-in for the 2nd cruise is 16 days before the start of the cruise - something only provided with Plat/Diamond cruisers.  I didn't think I would see any reference to Platinum status until after I completed the first cruise.  

• Like 4

Yep, since we get the next status level starting at the beginning of a cruise, even if you technically don't hit the required number of days until further into the cruise, their system knows ahead of time how to handle the changes. They even change your status in your online profile before the cruise (or at least they used to).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

So, I went to my Cruise Manage to make note of the check-in dates for these two cruises.  I see the check-in for the 1st cruise is 14 days before the start of the cruise... standard for Gold status.  I was surprised to see the check-in for the 2nd cruise is 16 days before the start of the cruise - something only provided with Plat/Diamond cruisers.  I didn't think I would see any reference to Platinum status until after I completed the first cruise.  

Carnival has always granted your next-tier status at the beginning of your qualifying cruise -- for me, this will be in 19 days. 

Contrariwise, Royal does not; you have to wait until the following cruise to enjoy your just-earned status.  😞  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Contrariwise, Royal does not; you have to wait until the following cruise to enjoy your just-earned status.  😞  

other cruise lines like Norwegian is the same, your new status is on the following cruise too

• Thanks 1

Sailing on the Panorama Dec 2, 2023, Saturday.  On this cruise will turn platinum and our check in date is Nov 18, 2023.  Is this the correct timing?  Right now we sit at 68 days with Carnival and are taking a 7 day cruise which will put us at platinum level on Dec 8, the last night of our cruise.  

Will we be consider platinum for this cruise?

1 hour ago, lasvegascruising said:

Sailing on the Panorama Dec 2, 2023, Saturday.  On this cruise will turn platinum and our check in date is Nov 18, 2023.  Is this the correct timing?  Right now we sit at 68 days with Carnival and are taking a 7 day cruise which will put us at platinum level on Dec 8, the last night of our cruise.  

Yes you will be Platinum from day 1 of the cruise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

You will be platinum when you cruise but your check in will be 14 days before because you haven't ranked up until you get onboard.

16 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

Log into your carnival account... Go into your cruise manager, and see what date it gives you for check-in.  I bet your check-in date is Nov 16.  Maybe your booking receipt says Nov 18, but I bet your online check-in date is actually Nov 16.  

Let me know.  

5 hours ago, lasvegascruising said:

We officially have a stare down....n6uqq & VentureMan_200....I will report back as to what happens in real life.  Will we get to check in on Nov 16 OR Nov 18????

Carnival is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get 😉  but this should be easy to solve by logging into your carnival account and it tells you what day you check in. I am assuming it is Nov 18th because that is what you stated.