Scrubs and products in the thermal spa?

skittl1321

I keep reading that if you buy the thermal spa pass onboard they try to upsell you with some salt scrubs. Where in the thermal suite are people using these?  I love a good sugar scrub, so might consider bringing my own.

Is there shampoo/body wash in the showers in the thermal spa locker rooms so that you can get cleaned up after using the spa?  I'm going to press my luck, conditioner?

the upsell happens if you do any treatments like getting a massage or something. They will try to sell you various Elemis products. Thankfully I haven't had any sales pitches while I was in the Thermal Spa.

I honestly can't remember if there was conditioner in the locker room showers, I tend to bring my own as I've found too many bulk products have ingredients that I'm allergic to. 

6 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

the upsell happens if you do any treatments like getting a massage or something. They will try to sell you various Elemis products. Thankfully I haven't had any sales pitches while I was in the Thermal Spa.

I honestly can't remember if there was conditioner in the locker room showers, I tend to bring my own as I've found too many bulk products have ingredients that I'm allergic to. 

No, that is a different upsell.

What I'm talking about is many people reported that the thermal spa pass costs more online because it "comes with" scrubs.  I'm just wondering where people are using these scrubs.  I've already purchased my pass, so not worried about the upsell. Just like a good scrub 🙂

2 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

I keep reading that if you buy the thermal spa pass onboard they try to upsell you with some salt scrubs. Where in the thermal suite are people using these?  I love a good sugar scrub, so might consider bringing my own.

Is there shampoo/body wash in the showers in the thermal spa locker rooms so that you can get cleaned up after using the spa?  I'm going to press my luck, conditioner?

17 minutes ago, skittl1321 said:

No, that is a different upsell.

What I'm talking about is many people reported that the thermal spa pass costs more online because it "comes with" scrubs.  I'm just wondering where people are using these scrubs.  I've already purchased my pass, so not worried about the upsell. Just like a good scrub 🙂

Thermal Suite = no scrubs

Deluxe Thermal Suite = with scrubs

I have not seen that the online price is the Deluxe Thermal Suite with scrubs. On all of our recent cruises, it has been the basic Thermal Suite. 

If you take a spa tour, recently (this year), they have been quoting the Deluxe Thermal Suite cost. And most people pay that cost. I always ask for the basic thermal suite and they write up a separate ticket for that (their pre-filled tickets are all for the Deluxe Thermal Suite). 

For thermal suites on big ships, there are shower gel and shampoo in the public showers (next to hydrotherapy pool and next to saunas) as well as the showers in the locker rooms. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Thermal Suite = no scrubs

Deluxe Thermal Suite = with scrubs

I have not seen that the online price is the Deluxe Thermal Suite with scrubs. On all of our recent cruises, it has been the basic Thermal Suite. 

If you take a spa tour, recently (this year), they have been quoting the Deluxe Thermal Suite cost. And most people pay that cost. I always ask for the basic thermal suite and they write up a separate ticket for that (their pre-filled tickets are all for the Deluxe Thermal Suite). 

For thermal suites on big ships, there are shower gel and shampoo in the public showers (next to hydrotherapy pool and next to saunas) as well as the showers in the locker rooms. 

But where are people USING these scrubs?  Is it just when they shower afterwards (so it really has nothing to do with the thermal suite?)

Glad to hear there is shampoo and shower gel.

Edited by skittl1321

7 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

But where are people USING these scrubs?  Is it just when they shower afterwards (so it really has nothing to do with the thermal suite?)

Glad to hear there is shampoo and shower gel.

I hope people are just using them in the locker room showers or back in their cabins. I spend a lot of time in the thermal suite when cruising on NCL, and I've *never* seen anyone using or even carrying a scrub in the communal areas.

I know any pool or hot tub is basically people soup, but having people intentionally slough off dead skin cells in there (or even in the saunas or steam room) feels just gross.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

I hope people are just using them in the locker room showers or back in their cabins. I spend a lot of time in the thermal suite when cruising on NCL, and I've *never* seen anyone using or even carrying a scrub in the communal areas.

I know any pool or hot tub is basically people soup, but having people intentionally slough off dead skin cells in there (or even in the saunas or steam room) feels just gross.

Totally agree with this.  I get the Thermal Suite pass on almost every cruise and have never seen anyone use a scrub product in there. Yuck!

I just got off the Escape and had the Thermal Suite 1 week pass. No scrubs. Nobody was scrubbing in the thalasso pool or hot tub or steam/sauna/salt/snow. I did not peek into people showering, so dunno if they used any in there.

Nobody tried to upsell me anything or tell me I needed wrinkle stuff.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

Thanks y'all! Wasn't sure if this was some sort of steam room thing ...  kinda glad it isn't, but it's weird they try to bundle it!

It's possible that it's a spa treatment they're selling for the rooms below the public thermal suite area.

18 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

Hmm, you just gave me an idea on how to have the jacuzzi all to myself, LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

On my last Princess cruise, my mother and I got the thermal suite pass and it came with a little jar of sugar scrub and a little loofah. We never used it on the cruise, brought them home, still haven't used them. 🤣

Sugar scrubs are the best! I highly recommend them.  
Honestly, in the winter, I just like a jar of scrub next to soap that I use whenever I wash my hands. It feels so good.

• 1 month later...

I just got off the Viva where I had a Thermal Suite pass for the whole cruise. I don't think there was a version of the pass that included scrubs, but when I got a massage, the massage therapist brought up salt scrubs as an option, and then mentioned a DIY Scrub kit for $50. (That includes 3 scrub kits.) She made it sound like I could apply it in the salt room of the Thermal Suite! I bought it, but quickly realized that it would be weird and gross to use those in any of the Thermal Suite areas, so I packed them and brought them home & haven't used them yet.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 11:58 AM, OrcaGirl said:

On my last Princess cruise, my mother and I got the thermal suite pass and it came with a little jar of sugar scrub and a little loofah. We never used it on the cruise, brought them home, still haven't used them. 🤣

Ditto!

Warning - it is oily/sticky and kinda messy and useless if you ask me.