Hi speed train Rome to Civitaveccia and taxi to cruise port

Gracelyn

Hi. We are trying to organize this from a hotel ( yet to be determined).  We see the train station is near a hop on hop off stop. It may be too much to drag out our suitcases., but I’m actually stumped at the train site to purchase tickets and why first class Vs second. what is the official train site for tickets? 
 Taxi stand that takes us directly into the port. What should the cost be?

thanks 

Gracelyn 

The train site is mentioned here frequently...trenitalia.com. I don't think there are any high speed trains from Rome to Civi.

I would not try to get my checked bags on a hop on, hop off bus. There is a thread just down the board NOT recommending even using the Rome Hop on, Hop off.

No, italiarail is a third party site that works hard to look official.

The only official site is here:  EN - Trenitalia

Yes, there is a high speed train between Rome Termini and Civitavecchia.  There are not many each day but they do exist.

HOHO buses are not luggage friendly.  

Consider whether train is the right option for you, knowing that you are solely responsible for your own luggage, not just getting it to the station but also on and off the train and stowing it on board.

Taxis from the train station in Civitavecchia to the port are not easy to come by and expensive when you find them.  Better to use the direct shuttle bus, 6 euro.  You can purchase this ticket when you buy the train ticket by selecting Civitavecchia Porto as your destination, rather than Civitavecchia.

Edited by euro cruiser

2 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Taxi stand that takes us directly into the port. What should the cost be?

Taxi from Rome to the port will run around 120 to 150 euros - very dependent upon traffic as it's a bit of a drive.  Keep in mind not all cabs have access to the cruise port, and some will only take you to the free shuttle. 

If you search thru Italy forum you'll find recommendations for good private transportation and shared shuttle services.