Weather during Viking Homelands in May

Hobson1754

I’m thinking of booking Viking Homelands in May (18th) 2025 and would be very grateful if anyone who’s taken this cruise around May time could give me an idea of the weather and seas they experienced at this time.  Don’t mind covering up and wearing layers but don’t particularly want very rough seas & constant rain, although I do appreciate it’s very unpredictable now. Thanks.

We did Homelands Bergen to Stockholm in 2019 departing a few days later (early 20s) and could not complain about the weather we encountered. Raining when we arrived in Bergen, but woke up to sunshine and blue skies the next morning there. Had a little rain in Eidfijord waiting for the Flam train, but cleared shortly after boarding, light rain when we departed Eidfijord. The rest of the trip was sunny with mild temps and never really needed a jacket. Did not encounter any rough sailing. As you know, YMMD. Enjoy your trip! 

We did June and the weather was good... light jacket and/or in the morning and then peeling layers as the day grew on.

Note however that Bergen and parts of Norway get - my understanding - 230'ish odd days of rain a year.  Oslo says online 15 days per month.

Our weather was spectacular for our tastes until we got to Norway and then the rain, wind and cooler temps set in.

Just have your light rain jacket - with a hood - ready or an umbrella.  This is just their weather, and if you happen on sunny days, then you are in luck.

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

We did June and the weather was good... light jacket and/or in the morning and then peeling layers as the day grew on.

Note however that Bergen and parts of Norway get - my understanding - 230'ish odd days of rain a year.  Oslo says online 15 days per month.

Our weather was spectacular for our tastes until we got to Norway and then the rain, wind and cooler temps set in.

Just have your light rain jacket - with a hood - ready or an umbrella.  This is just their weather, and if you happen on sunny days, then you are in luck.

Thanks - that sounds fine. 

19 minutes ago, duquephart said:

In Bergen it is either raining, just stopped raining, or about to start raining.

How lucky we were then. Three days in Bergen followed by two more in Oslo. Sunny, warm 80s, not a cloud or drop of rain. It was July of course, but it seems warm sunny weather is not unknown in the summer. So May might even be nicer than expected. Enjoy.  

• Like 1