Another Live from thread - Queen Victoria Greek Islands

rakkor

Apparently there was chaos at disembarkation, after we had already left. The luggage in the baggage hall was late being set up for collection, and a passenger fell down the escalator to the luggage area, which was then closed. Luggage was in the wrong places and meant people couldn't easily find their cases. Also there was a lady who had either collapsed or fallen in the car pick up lane.

So all that seems to be what led to the problems and delays getting out of the ship today for those leaving after 8.30 or so. Unfortunate set of unusual issues.

8 minutes ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

Apparently there was chaos at disembarkation, after we had already left. The luggage in the baggage hall was late being set up for collection, and a passenger fell down the escalator to the luggage area, which was then closed. Luggage was in the wrong places and meant people couldn't easily find their cases. Also there was a lady who had either collapsed or fallen in the car pick up lane.

So all that seems to be what led to the problems and delays getting out of the ship today for those leaving after 8.30 or so. Unfortunate set of unusual issues.

Sounds ghastly. What an awful combination of circs. All Cunard’s fault, obviously.

• Haha 1

My final post is now online, obviously no daily programme but I have scanned the PG lunch and dinner menus, unfortunately They all got mixed up in packing, so I scanned them as a lunch page and a dinner page.  https://blog.rakkor.uk

Disembarkation was by far the worst I've experienced or possibly the second worst, the common denominator being the QE II terminal which is an awful place to disembark to. I don't blame Cunard for the chaos, but I do blame them for us being some of the last off the ship - being Grills and Diamond at one time meant priority disembarkation, this seems to be no longer the case.

• Thanks 1

Thank you @rakkor for taking the time to post. I have to say it sounded wonderful, and we are so looking to our trip next month.

I hope you enjoyed the amusing political incorrectness of Henry Blofeld and his wonderful cricketing stories, and that he was still as witty even with advancing years. We had the pleasure of his lectures pre lockdown, and that of another sporting great, David Gower. Our last few Cunard cruises have been lacking in the lecturers calibre, so hope the high quality speakers are back in abundance!

I believe that some of the disembarkation chaos was due to two accidents, in or near the baggage hall, to passengers, and that would have been largely out of Cunard's control since the people who were unlucky enough to have that happen would need to be looked after, and helped to get help and treatment organised, which would have taken some time. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

I believe that some of the disembarkation chaos was due to two accidents, in or near the baggage hall, to passengers, and that would have been largely out of Cunard's control since the people who were unlucky enough to have that happen would need to be looked after, and helped to get help and treatment organised, which would have taken some time. 

Possibly, but that doesn't explain the traffic chaos in the QE II Terminal, our booked Taxi just gave up trying to get to us and we ended up waiting for a ranked cab

55 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

Thank you @rakkor for taking the time to post. I have to say it sounded wonderful, and we are so looking to our trip next month.

I hope you enjoyed the amusing political incorrectness of Henry Blofeld and his wonderful cricketing stories, and that he was still as witty even with advancing years. We had the pleasure of his lectures pre lockdown, and that of another sporting great, David Gower. Our last few Cunard cruises have been lacking in the lecturers calibre, so hope the high quality speakers are back in abundance!

Blowers was OK, I preferred his initial chats about Arlott and Johnners, rather than his second outing, but I though Gower was better on our TA back in 2019, although he only gave a single talk plus a Q&A on that crossing.

As has been said on the other reviews of this cruise, I do think Cunard are letting themselves down with the staffing levels, we noticed it on the Amsterdam Cruise in the bars, but really noticed it this cruise in the PG dining room where our waiters were severely overstretched, luckily we're rarely in a rush, but some times getting served seemed to take forever.

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

My final post is now online, obviously no daily programme but I have scanned the PG lunch and dinner menus, unfortunately They all got mixed up in packing, so I scanned them as a lunch page and a dinner page.  https://blog.rakkor.uk

Disembarkation was by far the worst I've experienced or possibly the second worst, the common denominator being the QE II terminal which is an awful place to disembark to. I don't blame Cunard for the chaos, but I do blame them for us being some of the last off the ship - being Grills and Diamond at one time meant priority disembarkation, this seems to be no longer the case.

Thank you for all your posts, which have well conveyed the enjoyment you experienced. Such a shame the end was so frustrating. And worse still that the man lied to you about disembarkation. I suppose the thing to do is to make them write it down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Thank you for all your posts, which have well conveyed the enjoyment you experienced. Such a shame the end was so frustrating. And worse still that the man lied to you about disembarkation. I suppose the thing to do is to make them write it down.

I'll attribute it to a mixup in communication, I am a Northener after all.

• Haha 1

There was something special on this voyage in that there was a wonderful professional dance couple, Yevgeny and Daria, who ran the excellent and superbly taught dance classes at midday on sea days, and also did beautiful show dances on Gala nights at 9.45pm, as well as dancing with some of the ladies who wanted to dance with a very experienced partner. It is a shame that they will be leaving QV and will then be on QM2 through to the year's end.  As far as I understand there will be no professional dance couple on QV once they leave, which means that unless Cunard can recruit another professional dance couple who can perform high level show dances and teach at top level, the dance classes, and dance hosting will be done by a dance host couple, but likely no show dances on Gala nights.  It would be nice if that would change, but it looks like at the moment there are no professional ballroom couples in place once Yevgeny and Daria transfer to QM2.

• 3 months later...