Room Upgrade button in App. Does it ever work?

It's been awhile since I've sailed NCL so I'm not sure if there are changes to how we go about bidding for an upgrade. 

First time I bid on an upgrade, my agent needed to get an invitation and then she forwarded that invitation to me. Is this still the case?

Does the "room upgrades" button in the app ever work? I don't recall this button in the past and currently it is not recognizing my booking number.

I know it's too early to bid, I'm just wondering if the room upgrade button works and bypasses the travel agent or do I need to wait for the travel agent to forward me the bidding invite? 

TIA

5 minutes ago, Yinster said:

All depends on who you book with as some TA don't participate in the upgrade bid program. 

Nothing to do if the Hutton works. 

I'm aware of that.

My TA participates. 

Currently the button does not recognize my booking number. Does it ever work?

In other words, am I able to bypass the email from the Travel Agent and just use the new (to me) 'room upgrades" button on the app.

5 minutes ago, sebas030 said:

I am past final payment and the button doesn't work, "reservation number not found" error 🤦🏻‍♂️

Not sure why your button is not working. I got the same message until I was passed final payment.

• Thanks 1

I am 104 days out from my cruise.  & at 110 day I received my a chance to upgrade email.  Now if I click on the button with my reservation number it shows the exact same as the upgrade email.  But before that date whenever I tried to click the button it couldn't find my reservation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeTec said:

I am 104 days out from my cruise.  & at 110 day I received my a chance to upgrade email.  Now if I click on the button with my reservation number it shows the exact same as the upgrade email.  But before that date whenever I tried to click the button it couldn't find my reservation

58 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You have to wait until the bidding process begins for your sailing, around 110 days from departure, then the button will work.

Ok, just so I'm clear. I do not have to wait for the TA to email me the invitation. At around 110 days I should be able to bid for an upgrade thru the app???