Problem with getting redeemable shorex. credit refunded

RosieRuby1

We prepaid a shorex. several months before the cruise but the excursion was cancelled by Seabourn two days before the proposed tour departure date. Following the cancellation a credit appeared on our account and the destination services representative on the ship advised that it would be refunded automatically to the CC used for the original payment as long as our onboard account remained in credit. Our final account showed the credit but it has still not been refunded. Our TA advises that a claim has to be made to shoreside guest services and that we should expect that their response could take up to another 28 DAYS, We consider this unreasonable as the cancellation was made through no fault of ours and we think that a refund should have been made straight away. Has anyone else experienced such a delay?

9 minutes ago, RosieRuby1 said:

We prepaid a shorex. several months before the cruise but the excursion was cancelled by Seabourn two days before the proposed tour departure date. Following the cancellation a credit appeared on our account and the destination services representative on the ship advised that it would be refunded automatically to the CC used for the original payment as long as our onboard account remained in credit. Our final account showed the credit but it has still not been refunded. Our TA advises that a claim has to be made to shoreside guest services and that we should expect that their response could take up to another 28 DAYS, We consider this unreasonable as the cancellation was made through no fault of ours and we think that a refund should have been made straight away. Has anyone else experienced such a delay?

I agree with you.  I guess you could ask for the refund through your credit card and perhaps receive it more quickly.  

11 minutes ago, Sunday golf said:

On a recent Encore cruise. Had our credit back to the card within three days of returning! Did check whilst onboard at Seabourn Square. Possibly that made a difference. 

Same with us - a few days and we also checked with the Square

3 hours ago, Sunday golf said:

On a recent Encore cruise. Had our credit back to the card within three days of returning! Did check whilst onboard at Seabourn Square. Possibly that made a difference. 

We had our redeemable credit back on our CC this past Tuesday, having disembarked on Sunday. We didn’t visit Seabourn Square at the end but did so part way through the cruise as we were confused as to what was what. My husband was an accountant and could understand their very weird and wonderful accounting system but I had no chance!

@RosieRuby1

I think it takes longer for us in the UK than US clients who often receive it the day they disemark or next day.

For us it took about a week and a bit.  You shouldn't have to request it, if it shows on your account, it will arrive in your CC eventually!