Does Celeb have its own unique boarding process?

Jose Zalfadilla

We will be taking our first Celeb cruise on Infinity out of Barcelona to the Canaries, Casablanca, etc. 11/28-12/5.  We booked it for the itinerary, not the ship or cruise line. Given that the last 12 of our 40 cruises have all been on Princess we have become used to their check in and boarding process, which includes showing up at the terminal with our passports and Medallions, which are sensors used to electronically identify us, allows us to order drinks or food, charge purchases to our account, unlock/lock cabin doors as we approach our cabins, etc. We have the Medallion’s corresponding app on our phones and tablets, already containing all our required demo and health info that we previously entered. No need to manually fill out any paper forms ahead of boarding. While I realize it may still be too early for Celeb to notify us about their boarding and check in process (we’re still 53 days out from our cruise), what & when do we get from Celeb whatever will essentially do what the Princess Medallion does for its pax? I have read some references about some type of “card” that may offer the answer I’m looking for, but when would that be issued?

Edited by Jose Zalfadilla
Correction

9 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

We will be taking our first Celeb cruise on Infinity out of Barcelona to the Canaries, Casablanca, etc. 11/28-12/5.  We booked it for the itinerary, not the ship or cruise line. Given that the last 12 of our 40 cruises have all been on Princess we have become used to their check in and boarding process, which includes showing up at the terminal with our passports and Medallions, which are sensors used to electronically identify us, allows us to order drinks or food, charge purchases to our account, unlock/lock cabin doors as we approach our cabins, etc. We have the Medallion’s corresponding app on our phones and tablets, already containing all our required demo and health info that we previously entered. No need to manually fill out any paper forms ahead of boarding. While I realize it may still be too early for Celeb to notify us about their boarding and check in process (we’re still 53 days out from our first Celeb cruise), what & when do we get from Celeb whatever will essentially do what the Princess Medallion does for its pax? I have read some references about some type of “card” that may offer the answer I’m looking for, but when would that be issued?

Do you have the Celebrity app on your phone? 45 days prior to your sail date you can pick your check in time. This is not your boarding time. If you want you can print off your Xpress pass or not. It will also be on your app. The Xpress will get you on the ship. Once you board the ship you can go directly to your stateroom and pick up your Seapass card and drop off your carry on. Then you are ask to leave the stateroom until the general announcement is made that staterooms are ready. . The Seapass card is your room card (unlocks your door), ID card and onboard expense card. You can also watch the muster drill on your phone prior to boarding the ship or you can watch it on your stateroom TV.

Edited by doghog
  • Thanks 2

You do not NEED to check in on the app, but you may. You could also print out your boarding pass. Or you could do neither and just wait until you get to the terminal, show your passport and give them your credit card and they will take care of all of it for you. The choice is yours. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, doghog said:

Do you have the Celebrity app on your phone? 45 days prior to your sail date you can pick your check in time. This is not your boarding time. If you want you can print off your Xpress pass or not. It will also be on your app. The Xpress will get you on the ship. Once you board the ship you can go directly to your stateroom and pick up your Seapass card and drop off your carry on. Then you are ask to leave the stateroom until the general announcement is made that staterooms are ready. . The Seapass card is your room card (unlocks your door), ID card and onboard expense card. You can also watch the muster drill on your phone prior to boarding the ship or you can watch it on your stateroom TV.

Great! Thanks to both! So, 

1. Already have the app

2. Pick check in time

3. Xpress pass in phone app will get me onboard (print or use phone version)

4. Go to cabin to pick up Seapass (room card, ID, charge card, etc.) 

5. Muster drill available on phone app or cabin TV

Thanks! Perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Great! Thanks to both! So, 

1. Already have the app

2. Pick check in time

3. Xpress pass in phone app will get me onboard (print or use phone version)

4. Go to cabin to pick up Seapass (room card, ID, charge card, etc.) 

5. Muster drill available on phone app or cabin TV

Thanks! Perfect.

When picking your check in time you also scan in your passport info, add credit card for charges and can take your security photo.  Or you can do these at the terminal just adds some time from arrival to getting on the ship.  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When picking your check in time you also scan in your passport info, add credit card for charges and can take your security photo.  Or you can do these at the terminal just adds some time from arrival to getting on the ship.  

Oh, OK. So, sometime before the cruise I will be able to do as you suggest, perhaps 30 to 45 days prior? Once I've done this, will the info remain in the app for use with any future cruises, like, for example, Princess does with their app, or will I have to enter the info each time if I were to cruise again with Celeb?

2 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Oh, OK. So, sometime before the cruise I will be able to do as you suggest, perhaps 30 to 45 days prior? Once I've done this, will the info remain in the app for use with any future cruises, like, for example, Princess does with their app, or will I have to enter the info each time if I were to cruise again with Celeb?

Yes 45 day or later. No. One time only. IMO, I prefer the cruise line not retain my Credit Card and passport information. 

Edited by doghog