Prima Haven Embarkation Lunch

jcroff1

Hi I have seen that some ships on embarkation day give a choice of the Haven restaurant or Specialty dinning ( American Diner) to Haven guest. do you know if they do that on the Prima?and what restaurant is it? since it doesn't have the Diner. Thanks

At one point, on Bliss, the Haven lunch option was Food Republic (with a limited menu).

On the Epic, it was O'Sheehans (aka The Local). 

I could see it being one of those or maybe Los Lobos?

We sail on Prima in 18 days, I'd be glad to get an answer for you then!

1 hour ago, CatBoiler said:

At one point, on Bliss, the Haven lunch option was Food Republic (with a limited menu).

On the Epic, it was O'Sheehans (aka The Local). 

I could see it being one of those or maybe Los Lobos?

We sail on Prima in 18 days, I'd be glad to get an answer for you then!

We went to American Diner on Joy and it was a good lunch.

Presumably the menu at O'Sheehans was not the usual fare?

49 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

We went to American Diner on Joy and it was a good lunch.

Presumably the menu at O'Sheehans was not the usual fare?

I don't know if it was the same menu. We went ahead and ate at the Haven restaurant for embarkation lunch.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Odd, what's the Haven advantage then? 

None, but the choice would be:

have a special menu for only Haven guests.

have the same menu for everone.

close the O'Sheehans to everyone but Haven.

There wasn't a special menu when we went to American Dinner on our first lunch on Breakaway.

41 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Odd, what's the Haven advantage then? 

The "issue" is that the Haven Restaurant can not seat all of the Haven passengers all at once. And on embarkation day, most of the Haven guests show up all at once.

NCL uses the American Diner on BA/BA+ ships as overflow to try and keep the wait times for the Haven Restaurant down for embarkation lunch. 

I have never heard of them using O'Shehan's / The Local for overflow. And there is no seating in the Prima The Local, so it would not be there. 

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

None, but the choice would be:

have a special menu for only Haven guests.

have the same menu for everone.

close the O'Sheehans to everyone but Haven.

There wasn't a special menu when we went to American Dinner on our first lunch on Breakaway.

Yes sorry maybe I am not being clear. American Diner is a paid for venue, the fee is waived on the first day so this is a 'perk' - an opportunity to try a speciality venue for no charge. 

O'Sheehans is a complimentary venue for all guests so there is no advantage (for the guest) to 'inviting' Haven passengers there on the first day, I don't get why NCL would even suggest it. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The "issue" is that the Haven Restaurant can not seat all of the Haven passengers all at once. And on embarkation day, most of the Haven guests show up all at once.

NCL uses the American Diner on BA/BA+ ships as overflow to try and keep the wait times for the Haven Restaurant down for embarkation lunch. 

I have never heard of them using O'Shehan's / The Local for overflow. And there is no seating in the Prima The Local, so it would not be there. 

Understood, however however a redirection to the Local/O'Sheehans has no incentive for the guest so they might as well just say 'don't come to the Haven restaurant first day' in the absence of a suitable alternative. 

I wouldn't have thought they would use these venues for overflow either but just picking up on what the previous poster said. 

Edited by Captain-John

6 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Yes sorry maybe I am not being clear. American Diner is a paid for venue, the fee is waived on the first day so this is a 'perk' - an opportunity to try a speciality venue for no charge. 

O'Sheehans is a complimentary venue for all guests so there is no advantage (for the guest) to 'inviting' Haven passengers there on the first day, I don't get why NCL would even suggest it. 

The obvious question is "what is the advantage to NCL"?

the only answer I can see is it relieves congestion in the haven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain-John said:

Understood, however however a redirection to the Local/O'Sheehans has no incentive for the guest so they might as well just say 'don't come to the Haven restaurant first day' in the absence of a suitable alternative. 

I wouldn't have thought they would use these venues for overflow either but just picking up on what the previous poster said. 

Per my post, I have never heard of NCL using O'Sheehan's. And I have sailed in the Haven on BA and BA+ ships (along with small ships where they repurpose one of the specialty restaurants (Cagney's / Moderno) for suites dining). 

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Per my post, I have never heard of NCL using O'Sheehan's. And I have sailed in the Haven on BA and BA+ ships (along with small ships where they repurpose one of the specialty restaurants (Cagney's / Moderno) for suites dining). 

Per my post, I mentioned it was Epic, not a BA/+ class ship. Have you been in the Haven on Epic? I didn't say it was a good idea. I don't know if the menu was special or not, I did not eat there. It might have been the Haven lunch menu for all I know. But O'Sheehan's was reserved for Haven lunching on embarkation day.

2 hours ago, CatBoiler said:

Per my post, I mentioned it was Epic, not a BA/+ class ship. Have you been in the Haven on Epic? I didn't say it was a good idea. I don't know if the menu was special or not, I did not eat there. It might have been the Haven lunch menu for all I know. But O'Sheehan's was reserved for Haven lunching on embarkation day.

Yes. We have sailed in the Haven on the Epic several times and were never told to go to O'Sheehan's. Kinda strange since the Epic has such a large Haven dining room. 

13 hours ago, pkay1 said:

When I sailed on the Prima, there was no alternative lunch venue because the restaurant is large enough to accommodate all of the Haven passengers at once.

Thank you! this was the info I was looking for and thought might be the case.. I have a slideshow presentation for my parents and Aunts to give them all the info, they like to be prepared and I hate having to repeat myself 1000 times, so they can reference the slideshow..LOL. My husband and I are taking the group of 6, 75+ year-olds who don't travel often(but know how to join facebook groups and ask lots of questions) to be their guides.