Another Twist on Corkage Fee Question

Kamfish642

We are booked in March 2024 on the Coral Princess for a 27-day cruise circling Australia out of Brisbane.  We have several winery excursions booked, and we are looking to purchase several bottles of wine - not to drink on board but to bring home.  Can we simply turn them in upon reboarding ship after excursion (booked through Princess) and claim them after cruise or do we need to pay a corkage fee even though we do not plan to consume them on board?  Of course, if we find an outstanding winery, we will likely have some shipped home directly.

Since the start-up we have sailed with Princess many times, in many parts of the world.  We always buy wines in our ports. We have yet to have an issue bringing wines back to the ship and directly to our cabin without incurring a corkage fee.

Our cabin usually ends up looking like a "Total Wines."  In 2019, we were on the Sea Princess for a 28 day voyage around Australia.  As stated above, we had no issues bringing our wines back to the ship and directly to our stateroom with no corkage fee.

As we speak, we are in the Paso Robles (Central California) wine country enjoying great wines!  🍷

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4

If they store it for you, just as they would liquor bought in a port, there is no corkage fee. That said, I have offered wine at the desk where they collect alcohol when arriving back at the ship and had them tell me not to bother. They may just let you take it to your cabin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Torfamm said:

If they store it for you, just as they would liquor bought in a port, there is no corkage fee. That said, I have offered wine at the desk where they collect alcohol when arriving back at the ship and had them tell me not to bother. They may just let you take it to your cabin.

My experience as well, both pre- and post-pandemic.

3 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Based on the thread title, I thought maybe you wanted to challenge the “corkage” fee for twist off bottles with no cork.

This would be called a "screwage fee". 🤣

• Haha 3