Silver Moon Silver Suites 1011 and 1115

toseaornottosea

3 hours ago, toseaornottosea said:

This topic most likely has already been covered but if you have had experience staying in suite 1011 or 1115 I would love your review of the suite, especially with respect to noise and activity related to the launderettes.  

Mrs machotspur and I have stayed in 1010 & 1009 on Moon & Dawn. Whilst these are one suite back from the suites you refer to - and of course don't directly adjoin the laundrette - we haven't noticed any disturbance at all. There are laundrettes on every deck so I don't suppose that the one on Deck 10  specifically is particularly heavily used.

As an aside Deck 10 on Dawn/Moon/Muse is our favourite location on any ship. A 'short' set of suites, with the only 'traffic' being those going to the bridge (I met the Captain a number of times in passing).     

Not quite the same but we have been in 1012 on the Muse. Over the hall from the laundrette it is next to the lifts. We didn't hear the lifts so unlikely you would hear the laundrette. And the lifts go all night. Sorry elevators for our US friends.

Edited by drron29

3 hours ago, machotspur said:

If my memory is correct I believe that the launderettes are closed down late evening. 

You are correct. There are signs on the doors with the hours and if I am not mistaken, the hours between 10pm and 8am would be off limits.

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2023 at 9:34 PM, drron29 said:

Not quite the same but we have been in 1012 on the Muse. Over the hall from the laundrette it is next to the lifts. We didn't hear the lifts so unlikely you would hear the laundrette. And the lifts go all night. Sorry elevators for our US friends.

Hi @drron29, my husband and I are booked in Suite 1012 on the Muse for the Sydney to Auckland holiday cruise next month. We were originally in a superior verandah suite but I bumped us up as a surprise for him (he has always wanted to stay in a Silver Suite!). I am less concerned about elevator noise than smoke from the pool bar wafting toward our balcony. Was that an issue for you? It seems like an ideal location otherwise so hopefully not. 

Being on the pool deck will make it much easier for us to save seats at the pool in both sun and shade early in the morning that we have no intention of utilizing until much later in the day...😜

Take care,

Maureen

We were just in 1115 on Muse.  We never heard any noise from the laundry or the elevators.  None at all.  Never saw any traffic in/out of the laundry.  But for the fact I saw the sign on the door, I would never have known a laundry was there.  Never saw any traffic to the forward lounge / library.

Elevators were quick as there aren't as many people using the forward bank.  And they are super close!  It was nice to be able quickly to look out and see whether the pool or pizza place was crowded (yes, I know you can view the pool deck on your TV).  Also, there aren't many cabins on 11, so there aren't many people in the area.    

You do have a bit more of a walk to get to activities aft on the ship.  But it's not a big ship so we're talking an extra 1 minute of walking.  

I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Edited by ggo85