The advantage to me of using EzAir?

donaldsc

@rosevew, sorry to hear you are still getting information that is not ‘clearing things up’ for you. Because your return flight seems to be a codeshare with LATAM, you will need to check in with the Operating flight counter and airline, being LATAM.

EZair does not offer/sell the lowest ‘basic’ fares so 99.99% sure you have a regular Economy International fare with LATAM which includes one checked bag. 

Because your flights have not yet been ‘ticketed’ the airlines may be wary to talk to you, but they should be able to see the ‘fare class/code’ booked, and relay baggage rules associated with that fare code. Try calling again in 9-10 days when your reservation should be ticketed. 

Also, many airlines do not allow seat assignments till the reservation is ‘ticketed’, having a reservation number does not mean EZAir has ‘ticketed’ your reservation. Your reservation will be ‘ticketed’ when EZAir finally pays the airline for the reservation/booking. EZAir says they normally ticket at 45 days from the flight date or cruise start date, whichever is sooner, but can be longer or shorter. If not done at the 45 day mark, call them to ticket, so you can verify baggage and get your seat assignments.

Hope you get the answers you are seeking.

Edited by wallyj
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@rosevew, sorry to hear you are still getting information that is not ‘clearing things up’ for you. Because your return flight seems to be a codeshare with LATAM, you will need to check in with the Operating flight counter and airline, being LATAM.

EZair does not offer/sell the lowest ‘basic’ fares so 99.99% sure you have a regular Economy International fare with LATAM which includes one checked bag. 

Because your flights have not yet been ‘ticketed’ the airlines may be wary to talk to you, but they should be able to see the ‘fare class/code’ booked, and relay baggage rules associated with that fare code. Try calling again in 9-10 days when your reservation should be ticketed. 

Also, many airlines do not allow seat assignments till the reservation is ‘ticketed’, having a reservation number does not mean EZAir has ‘ticketed’ your reservation. Your reservation will be ‘ticketed’ when EZAir finally pays the airline for the reservation/booking. EZAir says they normally ticket at 45 days from the flight date or cruise start date, whichever is sooner, but can be longer or shorter. If not done at the 45 day mark, call them to ticket, so you can verify baggage and get your seat assignments.

Hope you get the answers you are seeking.

Thanks for that, much more helpful and useful than anyone else!

On 10/10/2023 at 8:00 AM, phabric said:

I will now have to keep checking my flights encase they decide to change again.

just FYI, I regularly check all my flights, whether booked with EZAir or directly with the airline.     I’ve not experienced a greater chance of a flight change with EZAir than when booking with any other method.   

An easy way to stay on top of flights and changes is with an app such as FlightView.  
I’ll usually see changes there well before the airline notifies me.  

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:51 PM, ldubs said:

Well, checked EZ Air for a flight we will need next year.  Will keep watching as long as we can for a better deal, but no love today.  

Circling back.  Since I posted the above we booked an additional Princes cruise.  For that cruise, EZAir came through with flying colors.  Very easy to book and the best price.  In addition to EZAir, we are able to see our booking on the airline's website which is a comfort.  

I suspect the first cruise booking mentioned in my earlier post is just too far out for EZAir to function well.   We will definitely check again later.   

This thread is awesome!  Many thanks to those who shared the details and practical ins & outs of EZAir.  

• Like 1