The advantage to me of using EzAir?

donaldsc

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

the OP has not been back - and plenty of solid answers given

Yes….That's interesting when someone starts a thread with questions & never reply’s back. CC should ban that person from posting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve always been able to pick my seats so that’s never been a problem. For me one advantage is that I’m not paying for my booking through EZ-Air until my final payment is due. I’m continually checking the airfare fare & when the price has gotten lower, as it has many times, my agent has changed my booking to the new fare & if I have found a better deal I can change to that too. I couldn’t do any of that if I had already paid for my fare. 

Tom😀

You do know you can self-serve a re-book with EZ-Air using Cruise Personalizer?  I would never bother a TA with an airline res they make no money off.  Also, by the time they get the message and act, the fare could possibly change again.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

As far as I know (not much), Air Canada seems to be one of the few airlines that charges you to pick your seats outside of 24 hour check in.  I wondered IF...I paid for a seat and something changes, do I still get to "pick" my seat on another flight?  Haven't run into this situation, yet.  

My pet peeves are having to pay for a seat, pay for luggage, pay for this and that.  Stepping off my soap box.  I guess I could always sit in a middle seat or hand my carry on over to gate staff...... (aka sheldon cooper).

If AC makes the flight or equipment change on you and it leads to a new seat selection, you do not pay again.  You probably need to call for a live agent in that case as the system could try to charge you again.  If you make the change, then you are also forfeiting the seat fee.  Other airlines do charge for economy seat selection - maybe it depends on which seats.  It's just another cash-grab here in Canada not gone away of other airlines have done so.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You do know you can self-serve a re-book with EZ-Air using Cruise Personalizer?  I would never bother a TA with an airline res they make no money off.  Also, by the time they get the message and act, the fare could possibly change again.

I use EzAir without having to use my TA. Everything I have done has usually been on my own. I would only involve my TA if I couldn’t figure something out. 

As you see in my posts I went into my EzAir for fun to see if I could change my seat assignment & I had no problem to do so. 

I have even canceled my booking & made a new booking when the fare or flight was better. 

Any other questions please ask. 

Tom😀

23 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I use EzAir without having to use my TA. Everything I have done has usually been on my own. I would only involve my TA if I couldn’t figure something out. 

As you see in my posts I went into my EzAir for fun to see if I could change my seat assignment & I had no problem to do so. 

I have even canceled my booking & made a new booking when the fare or flight was better. 

Any other questions please ask. 

Tom😀

Okay, so I am not surprised since you are an experienced cruiser.  But I was responding to this statement of yours:  "I’m continually checking the airfare fare & when the price has gotten lower, as it has many times, my agent has changed my booking to the new fare & if I have found a better deal I can change to that too.".

I have been told by my wonderful TA that she has nothing to do with EZ Air, since it is air fare.  I believe her.  Yet she has gone to bat for me (as my representative) on many occasions....and gotten results when I have had no success (example:  last Canadian debacle with 60 minute connection).  I trust her.  I also like being able to do this on my own too.  

I recently canceled (outside of 45 days) an EZ Air flight to Montreal since I found a better fare directly with Delta.  No problems.  Fare fully refunded.  It only involved a few dollars, but wanted full control over direct flight.

Just got our first Ezair flights with Princess. However, I'm unable to find out my luggage allowance and have no idea how/where to check in etc. I asked the Princess cruises person onboard (who'd booked the deal) and he has been unable to help me. He checked with someone ashore and they said I have to contact the airline myself. However, I've no idea what the ticket type is, other than Economy so am unable to find out that way.

17 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Just got our first Ezair flights with Princess. However, I'm unable to find out my luggage allowance and have no idea how/where to check in etc. I asked the Princess cruises person onboard (who'd booked the deal) and he has been unable to help me. He checked with someone ashore and they said I have to contact the airline myself. However, I've no idea what the ticket type is, other than Economy so am unable to find out that way.

Use the record locator that EZAir generates and to go to the airline website and find the details of the flight.  That will give you all the information you need.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rosevew said:

The ticket type should be on your Travel Summary along with the other flight details.  The luggage allowance and where to check in should all be on the airline's website or app.  You should be able to manage your flights on the airline's website or app once you put in the confirmation number/identifier which is on your Travel Summary and the Personalizer.  All of those details are the same regardless of whether you book yourself or it's booked through EZ Air.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

The ticket type should be on your Travel Summary along with the other flight details.  The luggage allowance and where to check in should all be on the airline's website or app.  You should be able to manage your flights on the airline's website or app once you put in the confirmation number/identifier which is on your Travel Summary and the Personalizer.  All of those details are the same regardless of whether you book yourself or it's booked through EZ Air.  

Exactly right.  Well said!

• Like 2

I have been told that I need to use cruise personaliser for everything. I can check the airline website but as they offer 6 different ticket options in Economy I have no idea type what ours are. No details on the travel summary other than economy. One flight is operated by another line and I can't access their details without a ref number which I don't have.

14 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I have been told that I need to use cruise personaliser for everything. I can check the airline website but as they offer 6 different ticket options in Economy I have no idea type what ours are. No details on the travel summary other than economy. One flight is operated by another line and I can't access their details without a ref number which I don't have.

Are you on a codeshare flight?  If so, the reference number for the operating carrier should be listed when you pull up your reservation on the selling carrier's website.  If not, call the selling carrier and ask for the reference number on the operating carrier.  Use that reference number to access your reservation on the operating carrier's website.

If on two separate airlines on the outbound and return, EZAir should have generated two separate booking numbers.  

DO NOT use the Air Booking Number generated by EZAir.  You should be using the Airline Confirmation generated in the furthest right column of the Flights section of your Travel Summary.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Will have to look at it when we get home as we are currently mid Atlantic.

Do you have a friend or family member that is more experienced with airlines and would be able to either guide you or just look it up on your behalf when you get home? 

ETA:  GENERALLY... if you are flying Economy and domestic, you are going to have to pay a bag fee unless you have some special FF status or a special Credit Card that gets you that benefit.  GENERALLY .. if you are flying international with a regular airline (not a low-budget carrier), you will have one free bag per person.  You also need to get into the flight record of the OPERATING airline and not who you booked through because it is their rule that applies.  I hope you saved a lot of money booking a codeshare because it is much better to book with the airline operating the flight.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Do you have a friend or family member that is more experienced with airlines and would be able to either guide you or just look it up on your behalf when you get home? 

ETA:  GENERALLY... if you are flying Economy and domestic, you are going to have to pay a bag fee unless you have some special FF status or a special Credit Card that gets you that benefit.  GENERALLY .. if you are flying international with a regular airline (not a low-budget carrier), you will have one free bag per person.  You also need to get into the flight record of the OPERATING airline and not who you booked through because it is their rule that applies.  I hope you saved a lot of money booking a codeshare because it is much better to book with the airline operating the flight.

It was all booked for us by Princess onboard. We fly to Buenos Aires from Heathrow with Iberia via Madrid and back from Santiago via Madrid. The first part of the return trip is labelled as Iberia but operated by Latam Airways until Madrid. Most of Iberia tickets seem to include 1 piece of checked luggage but I can't find out whether the Latam part does also as their website asks for a long number which we don't have anywhere. There's only one airline confirmation number on our paperwork and it doesn't work for Latam website 

6 minutes ago, rosevew said:

It was all booked for us by Princess onboard. We fly to Buenos Aires from Heathrow with Iberia via Madrid and back from Santiago via Madrid. The first part of the return trip is labelled as Iberia but operated by Latam Airways until Madrid. Most of Iberia tickets seem to include 1 piece of checked luggage but I can't find out whether the Latam part does also as their website asks for a long number which we don't have anywhere. There's only one airline confirmation number on our paperwork and it doesn't work for Latam website 

Hi @rosevew, I am flying LATAM airlines from Santiago booked on EZAir. First leg is operated by LATAM and connection is a Delta aircraft. The LATAM website will accept the long ‘ticket number’ I believe starts LA…, OR you should be able to get from Iberia the LATAM 6 digit record locator or PNR? You probably should also be able to get this information by calling LATAM directly. I know they have a toll free(800) number, but are you a UK resident? I am imagine they have a toll free number from your region. The LATAM agent will be able to verify your baggage allowance and you should also be able to verify once going into the LATAM website under manage my flight and there it will show your baggage allowance. LATAM will ask your flight, date, and your name and birthdate to verify you. Website might also ask you to supply email for flight administrator which would be you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I’m curious if while onboard they could have helped you. Where on the ship did you go for that?

Tom😎

7 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m curious if while onboard they could have helped you. Where on the ship did you go for that?

Tom😎

Sounds like they booked on board at Future cruise and those agent’s knowledge regarding airline luggage allowances is most likely limited. Even EZAir tells you to click links that go to the operating airline to try and help you see luggage fees, but best is to always verify with the ‘operating’ airline as the OP appears to have an Iberia flight ‘operated’ /codeshare by LATAM. The EZAir record locator for the Iberia flight probably only has the Iberia 6 digit record locator and you need to call Iberia or LATAM to get the LATAM record locator. This is true when I book a DL flight operated by partner WestJet. I need to call DL to get the WestJet locator number in order to see my flight on the WestJet website.

The EZAir confirmation will not have the LATAM long LA ticket number so future cruise agents would not be able to help in that respect.

• Thanks 1

Just now, wallyj said:

Sounds like they booked on board at Future cruise and those agent’s knowledge regarding airline luggage allowances is most likely limited. Even EZAir tells you to click links that go to the operating airline to try and help you see luggage fees, but best is to always verify with the ‘operating’ airline as the OP appears to have an Iberia flight ‘operated’ /codeshare by LATAM. The EZAir record locator for the Iberia flight probably only has the Iberia 6 digit record locator and you need to call Iberia or LATAM to get the LATAM record locator. This is true when I book a DL flight operated by partner WestJet. I need to call DL to get the WestJet locator number in order to see my flight on the WestJet website.

The EZAir confirmation will not have the LATAM long LA ticket number so future cruise agents would not be able to help in that respect.

You are correct with this. I am UK based so don't want to cal Chile or USA to resolve it

Hi @rosevew, I just checked the LATAM website, for contact us, they have drop down menu and have a UK number you can call starts with 0800 digits. Appears most flights/fare have 1 free checked  bag with 23kg limit , but best to always verify since you are on codeshare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hi @rosevew, I just checked the LATAM website, for contact us, they have drop down menu and have a UK number you can call starts with 0800 digits. Appears most flights/fare have 1 free checked  bag with 23kg limit , but best to always verify since you are on codeshare.

Many thanks, will call when home from mid Atlantic 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:15 PM, rosevew said:

You are correct with this. I am UK based so don't want to cal Chile or USA to resolve it

Now home and trying to get a clear answer. Princess say that tickets not yet issued as more than 54 days out so they can't tell me anything. They say that I only have to check in with Iberia each way. Iberia tell me that I have to check in once with them going out and for the second leg of the return journey. They say I have to check in with Latam also for the return journey. They are unable to help with seat reservations since Princess haven't yet paid them which is odd as the Iberia Airline Confirmation number is clearly showing on the Iberia website.

I am now thoroughly confused