Is White and Gold Night on a Formal Night?

Projunior

Each of our last four cruises on Princess ships, there was a White and Gold night. But participation was so very minimal.  I remember on Celebrity there was a White night and a party was held up on deck outside and there was dancing under the stars and a great amount of participation.  Princess just not cutting it with this theme.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pink845 said:

Each of our last four cruises on Princess ships, there was a White and Gold night. But participation was so very minimal.  I remember on Celebrity there was a White night and a party was held up on deck outside and there was dancing under the stars and a great amount of participation.  Princess just not cutting it with this theme.

As long as a person isn't forced to dress up for the night. It attracts people away from other functions which is fine by me. 

On our cruise on Ruby Princess in August, the only mention of White and Gold was in that day's Patter. And it was the second formal night. I had a brand-new white jacket to go with my tux (my wife bought it for me Christmas 2021 but this was my first opportunity to wear it) so I wore it for the first formal night. Had they let us know in advance the second would be White and Gold, I would have saved it for then. Sometimes I think they think we can just run home mid-cruise to get themed clothes.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Oxo said:

On the Enchanted tonight, 10\29. Surf & Turf. Extra portion $10 each.

It is White & Gold night. Very, very few dressed as such. More like Casual! 

I wonder if they charge extra if you tell them to hold the lobster & double up on the Turf?

22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I wonder if they charge extra if you tell them to hold the lobster & double up on the Turf?

Asked our waiter and he said no extra charge if you double up on one or other. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Napagirl said:

Disembarked the Crown this morning - there was NO White and Gold Party. I was disappointed but wore my gold top with captain's hat on the last night anyway! lol There was no themed party at all. 

Passengers on Enchanted dressed as if it were a Smart Casual night. Very few participated in W&G. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Asked our waiter and he said no extra charge if you double up on one or other. 

Great. They can keep their small lobster & double up on the steak. 

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Passengers on Enchanted dressed as if it were a Smart Casual night. Very few participated in W&G. 

It wasn't to popular in Merch either. Still some people did enjoy getting dressed up.

• Like 1