Real differences between Priority and FTTF

wbtaser

I have been told a few times that if cruising in a suite, I do not need FTTF. When I review FTTF, there are some things that are not included with Priority Boarding that are included with FTTF. One of the key things is immediate access to stateroom. Can anyone confirm whether that is included with Priority Boarding? I can see anything definitive.

You have immediate access to put your things in your stateroom.

I'm not sure about a suite as I have never stayed in one.  We are platinum and have priority

boarding and can drop our bags in the room.  

Sometimes the room will be ready and your S&S cards will be in the mailbox.

• Like 2

Technically speaking immediate access to staterooms is not guaranteed for anybody anymore, Carnival has cut too many stewards to offer that as a guaranteed perk.

As a concession you can go to your room and drop off your carry ons and immediately leave the area so they can keep cleaning.

But your room is no longer guaranteed to be ready at boarding like it used to be.

Sometimes they still are ready early but it's not a guarantee.

• Like 4

Last December we had a bump out suite on MG, we were on ship before 11:00 am and went straight to cabin to drop off.  Our key cards were in mailbox and door locked so it was available (our suitcases were delivered within the hour as well) for use.  We are platinum but usually we drop off carry on items early (we are early boarders) and key cards take a little longer to show up.  

• Like 2

From John Heald, 5 days ago:

"This is one of those times where I need to respectfully and very kindly ask those that have permission to go directly to the cabin to drop off that carry on bags to please do just that, drop them off.

This is of course for guests, who are diamond, Platinum, staying in a suite or have Faster to the Fun.

The cabin attendant is not “ being rude” by asking you to leave and not allowing you to unpack. They need to clean your cabin, they need to do it to the highest of standards and then they have to move onto the next one

So please do just drop off the bags and then please go and enjoy lunch etc.

Cheers"
  • Like 9

On 10/9/2023 at 6:07 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

The most important difference between Priority and FTTF is free vs. $60 to $100+.

Well actually it is not free for a suite guest, it is included in your higher rate to cruise in a suite cabin.  I had a suite for my honeymoon cruise and it was well worth the cost for the cabin.  Perks were nice, but you pay for them.  Just like FTTF, you pay for them and in my opinion it is worth it, but that is my opinion.

• Like 3

We had a suite and when we checked in, the person helping us told us that our suite was ready and we can go directly to the suite. My BIL who came with us had the suite next to us and he was also told that the suite was ready.

I was always told that before a cruise, suites were done first, then balconies and so on...

On 10/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, Robpuffdaddy said:

Well actually it is not free for a suite guest, it is included in your higher rate to cruise in a suite cabin.  I had a suite for my honeymoon cruise and it was well worth the cost for the cabin.  Perks were nice, but you pay for them.  Just like FTTF, you pay for them and in my opinion it is worth it, but that is my opinion.

From my understanding with a suite, you receive Priority not FTTF. There are some small differences from online literature. I understand that there are some that do not think it is a good deal. For us, on out past cruises, we enjoy being able to hang out in our room while the rest of the ship is crowding the common areas. So for us, it is worth the extra $60-100. 

My main questions relate to the Priority Boarding with a suite and what others have experienced without FTTF in regard to access to their suite while the rest of the ship without Priority and FTTF are mustered in the common areas.

I had a suite on my Freedom cruise in March.  All suites have priority boarding.  With a suite you will be able to go online 2 days earlier (16 days till your cruise) and check in and pick your arrival time.  So you can pick the earliest time available, usually 10 am.  I had that and actually arrived at the port at 9:30 am and was able to check in in 5 minutes.  We went to the waiting area till the ship was cleared to board, took about 30 minutes.  Just depends on how quick they get everyone off the previous cruise till you can get on.  They had the sections in the waiting area Diamond/Platinum. then suite guest, then FTTF.  When it was time to board they went in that order.  We were on board, went to the muster station to do the drill and then we were able to go right to our room.  Suites will be ready,   In that little box outside your cabin will be an envelope and your sail and sign cards will be in there.  Use that to get in your cabin and leave you stuff in there and then go to the lido deck to get your drink on and start the cruise.  The doors to the cabins might be closed, you just need to pen them to go to the hallway to your cabin.