LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

On 10/24/2023 at 8:12 AM, ninjacat123 said:

I booked a pick up from the port to the Acropolis through Welcome Pickups. Did the Acropolis on our own. Our driver offered to meet us later for a two hour tour for $105 and we did it. Got to see a lot, ran some errands and a ride back to the ship. Our driver was a great guide with tons of info. Totally worth it!

What destination did you choose when booking?  there are so many Acropolis sites.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

What destination did you choose when booking?  there are so many Acropolis sites.  

Where our ticket entrance was, the UNESCO site. Our driver dropped us at the base of a walkway which led upwards to the ticket booth. Probably a 8-10 minute walk. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Split looks like quite the consolation prize... not like losing Half Moon Cay and getting Freeport.

Things to do in Split, Croatia | CN Traveller

5 Best Islands Near Split - Which Split Island is Right For You? – Go Guides

Our Guide to Split | Virgin Voyages

If you're a Game of Thrones fan, there are some wonderful tours in Split from when they filmed there. Plenty to see around port too.

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Good morning Katakolon!! We are taking it slow today, possibly just wandering a bit. IMG_3481.thumb.jpeg.3b7e933be6bea3ca9a55e6d75aeb64bf.jpeg

36 degrees here in Charlotte this morning - I'd say that's a heatwave...lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

If you're a Game of Thrones fan, there are some wonderful tours in Split from when they filmed there. Plenty to see around port too.

36 degrees here in Charlotte this morning - I'd say that's a heatwave...lol

Yes!! When we had our Europe cruise booked in 2020, I had a Game of Thrones tour booked😁

Oh it’s gonna be a big change in wardrobe back in the Cackalackas🤣🤣

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

We are gaining an hour tonight. Yay, but I’m still tired. Tomorrow is Messina and we have a tour I found on TA going to « The Godfather «  movie sites. I hope they don’t make me an offer I can’t refuse 🤣

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

We visited Split twice, and found it quite interesting.  Back when we were there is was a tender port (2012 $ 2013).  But the tender let you off right in town.  Understand there is a pier now, but it’s quite a walk to town.  EM

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

We visited Split twice, and found it quite interesting.  Back when we were there is was a tender port (2012 $ 2013).  But the tender let you off right in town.  Understand there is a pier now, but it’s quite a walk to town.  EM

Split looks beautiful! Yesterday at Katakolo was a loooooong walk to the ship, probably 15-20 minutes. All flat and we were moved thinking that this would be a great place for those pedicabs.🚲

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Split looks beautiful! Yesterday at Katakolo was a loooooong walk to the ship, probably 15-20 minutes. All flat and we were moved thinking that this would be a great place for those pedicabs.🚲

We weren’t « moved ». What did autocorrect think🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, UKWildcatCruiser said:

Very interested in your Godfather tour - I'm looking to book one as well for a February cruise.  I'm taking lots of notes of your trip so as we are going to many of the same ports and staying in Rome a few days so thank you for all the great info!  

Ooo, I will want to hear about your trip!! February will be a whole different weather dynamic. I’m glad my review is helpful and if you have questions, let me know 👍😁