Passport requirement for upcoming cruise

parachutes63

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Military bases may be included in requiring ReaL ID. I foresee a lot of confusion about what federal facilities require Real ID. I had to see someone at the Federal Building in Baltimore about 8 years ago and that was the most thorough search I ever had to go through. 

I know that at Pensacola NAS you have to have an EDL or passport to see the Blue Angles practice or go to the Naval Aviation Museum.

48 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

So since you turned it down because you have 9 years left on your passport you can see the logic of people not getting passports until they need one? Right? Similar logic. 

excellent, Smithers!!!

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

When I moved here,Texas, I made an appointment online. It was about 8 weeks from when I made it but I was immediately allowed in at the appointed time. No waiting outside or in any line. Didn’t take long. I did learn that some young people who have corrective lenses don’t bring them for the vision exam so they failed it. They were nice to them though. They were allowed to go home, get them and come back to finish without starting over. Had to think though that they were driving there and back home with uncorrected vision…..

At NJ MVC (the 9th circle of hell), no way you’re getting back in if you forgot something. Employees are not nice (don’t blame them).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

So since you turned it down because you have 9 years left on your passport you can see the logic of people not getting passports until they need one? Right? Similar logic. 

I see your point, but there is a difference. The EDL would have added nothing for me that I could not do already having a passport. The passport for you would allow you to fly out of a foreign country back to the USA in case of a need for medical evacuation or a family emergency without any extra hassle. Now this may not be ever needed or considered valuable to you, but it is an extra benefit.