Amount of OBC for using Future Cruise Deposit?

Raisinette

Just purchased this three weeks ago, so should be current.

3-10 day cruises = $25

11-21 days           =$50

22-50 days          =$75

50 plus                =$100

All cabin categories are the same.

34 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

3-10 day cruises = $25

22-50 days          =$75

We came off a cruise last week and the OBC offered was different if you booked on-board verses book later ,which was the first time we have seen that. It seems (understandably) the OBC for "book later" was less (I think it was about $75 difference for a shorter inside cruise).

We bought FCC on a June 2023 cruise... not really sure what OBC would apply to it but assume it would be what was offered at the time, although I have no idea what that was - lol.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

3-10 day cruises = $25

22-50 days          =$75

I just checked the FCD's we purchased last week on Rotterdam and it shows different amounts for different categories of stateroom.  I was surprised!

Note however that it is a Euro currency FCD, so that could make the difference.

Screenshot2023-10-14152432.thumb.png.a8926381285aa2313cd9906ca1ab0492.png

21 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I just checked the FCD's we purchased last week on Rotterdam and it shows different amounts for different categories of stateroom.  I was surprised!

Note however that it is a Euro currency FCD, so that could make the difference.

Screenshot2023-10-14152432.thumb.png.a8926381285aa2313cd9906ca1ab0492.png

Interesting....  I double checked mine and it states "for all cabin categories".  Further, we just used this twice in the last month and even though we were in a Neptune, we only got the $25 (per cruise).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Interesting....  I double checked mine and it states "for all cabin categories".  Further, we just used this twice in the last month and even though we were in a Neptune, we only got the $25 (per cruise).

They like the Europeans better than us Yankees. 😉

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, WannaSea said:

This is the yankee version I picked up last week.

2023.10.07 OBC for Future Cruise Deposit.jpg

This is the one we received last week also.

Quite a difference between booking on board or booking later which I had not seen before. No sure how the FCD's purchased before these will be handled as we still have some from prior cruise.

1 minute ago, rodndonna said:

This is the one we received last week also.

Quite a difference between booking on board or booking later which I had not seen before. No sure how the FCD's purchased before these will be handled as we still have some from prior cruise.

We bought ours in February 2023 and booked a 21 day HAL cruise in June. My TA mentioned she was surprised at how little HAL gave us in OBC. 

Just now, canadarocks said:

We bought ours in February 2023 and booked a 21 day HAL cruise in June. My TA mentioned she was surprised at how little HAL gave us in OBC. 

Sounds like it is now the new "book later' OBC rather than the OBC offered when it was purchased. I wish I would have kept the form from ours.. darn it!

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

I had not expected the difference that is shown on the FCD certificate.  I will try later to check it out by making a couple of bookings and see what actually happens.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

I had not expected the difference that is shown on the FCD certificate.  I will try later to check it out by making a couple of bookings and see what actually happens.

Just tried a couple of different bookings and it only shows $50 for 11 day cruise even if I book a Neptune.  So the document I received is incorrect.

Thanks to everyone for the replies so far!

As additional background, I was on the Rotterdam in Sept (a few weeks ago), bought the Future Cruise Deposits while on board, then a few days later we booked the new cruise. Prior to boarding we'd already discussed a potential future HAL cruise, so knew the pricing. We've never booked while on board before on any cruise line.

Anyhow, we booked a 15 day (Oceanview cabin) cruise using a Future Cruise Deposit and have each received OBC of  US$262.50.  I'm trying to figure out the breakdown - how much OBC for using the FCD, and how much for the booking promotion. (We occasionally re-fare our cruise depending on the lost/gained benefits in addition to hopeful price drops)

I tried the Princess Chat, but was told to contact my TA as we'd transferred the booking to our TA when we got home.  Our TA will investigate for us but is legitimately occupied in the short term. So I thought I'd see what I could figure out with your collective assistance!

Becky

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Raisinette said:

we booked a 15 day (Oceanview cabin) cruise using a Future Cruise Deposit and have each received OBC of  US$262.50

Where and when is the cruise you booked?  There is also the Mariner Loyalty OBC which is offered for booking a cruise within 90 days of its release on the market.  For a 15 day cruise it would amount to $200 per stateroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1